Wow! Truly Terrifying! Never again going there after dark...

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I finally got to check an old colonial road with a 1720's homestead next to it. I traced the deed, between 1890 and 1930 the place changed hands extremely often and included at least 2 deaths on the premise, after around 1940 it is extremely hard to trace though I found tons of 1960's stuff including a licence plate. I went there at 5 pm today with a friend, so many crappy signals, endless house parts. Nothing colonial to be found, just old 1930's trash including nearly 50 carbon battery rods littering the place. Here's the parts that freaks me out just to talk about it. After the sun starts to set, this place makes the most haunted cemetery in my state look like a cute charming child's playground during a birthday party I have been to the cemetery before, tons of history, very old and very cool. I did research and found out how extremely haunted it is said to be. Anyways, me and my friend were digging a hole when all of a sudden at once we start to feel like there are spirits us. The place begin to feel very odd and creepy, then at once it felt like many spirits were there all at once making a circle around us, watching us and coming closer. At the same time we both said together, "Holy crap lets get out of here now!". We ran down the road, at the same time we felt something press our necks softly making it hard to swallow (we noticed this almost at the exact moment together). We felt it chasing us down the road, pressing around our necks, it wanted to get us out of there. Terrified we ran to the pavement and into the parking spot, at this moment it all stops, what ever it was was gone. Never have I been more scared in my life. I never was into paranormal activity and I am by no means a ghost hunter, but I have to admit that this was completely insane. I noticed a for sale sign on the land by the town, on the other side of the road is a brand new 2000's plastic house community so I assume they are going to do the same on the other side when it is bought. Who ever ends up living there is going to probably want to move out after the first night. I have detected many colonial sites, many have a kind of peaceful feeling in the air, even after dark. This was something out of a horror movie. Also, did I forget to mention something very scary, which is extremely hard to explain. I found a live shotgun shell earlier in the hunt, pretty common to find them so it was nothing unusual. I put it deep in my pocket, under an old lamp, hoping it doesn't accidentally fire. The last signal I dug was a deep 60s signal (shotgun shell sound) where the scary stuff took place. I dug forever and suddenly the signal went away, it wasn't anywhere, not even when I removed everything from the bottom of the hole and gridded around it. I checked everywhere while the beginning of the haunting was starting to take place. I was panicking slightly, dying to find it so I can leave, feeling a lingering presence increasing in power at each second. Right as the true haunting began, when me and my friend felt like we were suddenly surrounded I got an insanely strong signal right 3 inches from the side of the hole, I don't remember checking there with my detector due to a small pine tree's bare twiggy branches being in the way. The live shotgun shell I found an hour before was staring back at me from the mud. It could have fallen out while I was checking, but I don't remember bending down at all, and especially not in the area.My friend claims to have seen shadows of people out of the corner of their eye during the haunting, I don't remember seeing anything though. They had the same exact experience as me other than that. They were equally terrified and said as we were in the parking lot, "Even if I knew that the next signal was a gold coin I would have still got the hell out of there." My friend claims that they feel like the ghost that chased us down the road was an 1890's lumberjack, though I can not verify that it was, I know for one thing that whoever it was was not very nice.

Also, The first time I went there to scout I heard loud rustling and loud growling noises, if there are bears there then it is probably not a good idea to go there after dark anyways, regardless of any spirits.

Anyone else have any other scary ghost stories to share that happened metal detecting?

Sorry for my bad fragmented writing, I am still very shook up, this happened only an hour ago. Any doubts I had about ghosts have been completely brushed away.

Also, we were completely sober :laughing7:

Last edited:

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First can I say one thing without it sounding like I'm being a jerk, or the spell police?

I quite liked reading your story, but with everything grouped together without paragraphs, makes it extremely difficult to read.

I don't care about spelling errors because lord knows I make my share of them, and I also don't care about punctuation, it's just the lack of paragraphs that makes me want to skip a thread.

Now onto your very cool story.........

Is there a chance that there was something in the ground that you disrupted that potentially was taking your breath away, but at the same time felt like fingers around your neck?

Or, were you finding some really cool things and your hunting buddy was trying to wrap his fingers around your neck because he wasn't? LOL.....

As for re-finding your shotgun shell, is there a chance it fell out of your pouch when you were trying to pick something up?

Was it another shell and you just misplaced the first one?

Personally I think that you should go back there again at night, but this time bring your camera with you.

It would be super cool if you caught something on tape.

And lastly here is the best tip that I can give you for hunting a place like that at night, or even when threatened by something................its not a matter of how fast you can run, but how much faster you can run than your hunting partner. :laughing7::laughing7:

OP
OP
coinman123

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I didn't see anything, didn't feel direct contact on my neck, just a hard time swallowing, light pressure. I didn't hear any footsteps or talking, or rustling in the leaves other than from me and my partner. Not pitch black, late twilight though.

Your explanation about the shell is probably extremely likely, my thoughts exactly, I thought I would mention it though due to how creepy the situation surrounding it was.

FFFPatriot

Feb 21, 2017
Montana
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II, 4 Kidde brand smoke detectors, and 1 carbon monoxide detector I bought from Home Depot (can't remember the brand).
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I had the EXACT same thing happen to me. Turns out that it was acid reflux. On the purple pill now.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
If you go back and start to feel a presence, first say a prayer for protection and ask that any good spirits will move on and end in "I/We ask these things in the name of Jesus Christ, the Son of God". Then with all the faith you have, command the bad spirits to leave by saying/stating "To any Dark and Wicked Spirits here, I/We Command You in the Name of Jesus Christ, the Son of God to leave this place and to never return". If you do so with faith in the Prayer and Command and in God and Jesus Christ, you will likely feel the presence leave and a calm come over the location.

We have dealt with Dark and possibly Evil/Wicked Spirits in the past and these have always worked to force them to leave as they cannot defy a Command from Jesus Christ, which is exactly what you are doing when you give the command with faith.

Frank

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you have to go back there and see if the same thing happens again.

Maybe bring a friend that you haven't told this story to, and see if they witness the same thing.

Too bad you didn't find anything decent at that site though.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW, MAN!
I'd Go back , but that's just me (who has never been there before).

I have no problem reading your story the way it was written. just sayin.

OP
OP
coinman123

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
WOW, MAN!
I'd Go back , but that's just me (who has never been there before).

I have no problem reading your story the way it was written. just sayin.

Me, a friend and my mother (who believes in ghosts) went there on Monday. No metal detectors. It was late dusk, similar to late time we were there. The place had an eerie feeling, but nothing very negative. I felt like I was being watched at times, but not in a very negative way, just curious about what people were doing there. One friend even went off the old road and explored some of the woods while I took some photos to try and catch stuff. The funniest part was when I accidentally thought he was a ghost on my photo, obscured by trees and heavy bushes. Something very crazy happened though. I was trying to take photos but my camera wouldn't focus, due to the low level of light outside. My mother, 15 feet away starts saying, "Come here now!!! Quick! Take a photo!" I was too stupid to listen and continued to try and get my camera to focus properly, and then put on Manuel mode, taking time to put all the settings into it. My friend is meanwhile saying, "Come here now!!" I got there and she told me that she saw an bright blue orb with a red outline hover 10 feet in the air a little bit in front of her, then "travel" through the trees until it disappeared. She said a first she thought it was her eyes playing tricks so she closed them for a few seconds and opened them again and it was still there. I am not sure how to explain that event, but I completely believe her. I didn't get much on my photos, a few orbs but they are extremely likely to just be dust or fog. I will try to go back there with her today, I will also bring my phone for evps.

Last edited:

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huntsman is right. You have to have Faith. I deal with them regularly. Anytime your in the present of something that they are attached too. they will try to scare or warn you away. Sometime just being in the woods at night will make you jumpy. Like a bug just landing on you in pitch blackness can case a reaction from any of us. Laugh it off. They can't hurt you. They can make you hurt yourself by allowing them too. Go back and talk to them. Just don't invite them in.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

RockinIdaho

May 24, 2014
Idaho
Primary Interest:
Other
you said something about dust particles or fog. if you were shooting with a digital camera.....sometimes it can detect gold and a fog appears in the photo. there is an article on line somewhere about it. if I find it I will post the link here for you.

OP
OP
coinman123

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
you said something about dust particles or fog. if you were shooting with a digital camera.....sometimes it can detect gold and a fog appears in the photo. there is an article on line somewhere about it. if I find it I will post the link here for you.

I heard about that, I read that the people who tried it though used very special filters though. I was just using a Nikon D5200 with a strong flash and see the fog/orbs/dust particles above the ground in trees and bushes. I went there another time and got an orb in a rapid photo burst that moved from the main road 50 feet away, around 25 feet away in the next photo hovering above the trail, and dissolving in the air around 10 feet away in the last photo of the sequence. I would guess that it moved 40 feet in under a second before dissolving, probably not an insect not an insect.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions