Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, ever since my 13 year old got a keyboard for Christmas I have noticed some strange things happening. From downstairs, when no one is home, me and a couple other family members have heard a few notes playing loudly on the keyboard in her room. When someone goes to check upstairs, the keyboard is always off. Today I was going upstairs, and suddenly heard soft instrumental music coming from her room. I figured that was weird because she wasn't up there, and there were no electronics in her room except for the off keyboard. It sounded almost like '70s instrumental rock (one of the 150 sound choices on the keyboard), reminding me a little bit of the style of the end of "Fire on High" by ELO (great song), but with way less instruments. I looked everywhere, but couldn't pinpoint it coming from anywhere, it was weird, it sounded like it was coming from many places at once, very softly. It faded away after 30 seconds, and never came back. The keyboard is brand new, before I blame it on ghosts, I want to see if there is anything there that would make that music. She hates any instrumental music or rock music, and pretty much listens to only listens to top 40 pop. My house is from the 1740's, and me and other people in my family have experienced strange things, such as hearing a little girl calling my dog by his name a couple weeks ago. What do you guys think?

JimJ

Mar 24, 2016
Metz, WV
Detector(s) used
Ace 350, At Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting story. Might be an idea to try and set up some digital recorders and see if you capture some of the music on them. Hates Rock music? Oh my, maybe call an exorcist! LOL!!

OP
OP
coinman123

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Hates Rock music? Oh my, maybe call an exorcist! LOL!!

Lol, it scares me a lot, that part atleast! I thought everyone is supposed to like at least one really rocking song. I wish she would at least like one Beatles song lol!

For some reason I have heard a lot of kids these days mention that they hate rock when asked what type of music they like or dislike, sad what the world is coming to lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP
coinman123

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Also did some EVPs (digital recorders) around the house, and asked them various questions. I haven't heard anything on them so far, maybe the ghosts here aren't too talkative. One weird thing happened when we were at the house before moving in this June, and me being the history buff that I am, was looking for clues to trace back the house's history and when it was built. I was wondering who the early owners were, and suddenly had the name, "Abel" pop in my head. I was a little intrigued because of how unusual that name is. For fun I decided to look for the last name, Abel, in the deed office, and found nothing relevant. I decided to forget the whole thing. Then when finally had a good perfect lead, and maps to confirm my data I noticed something very amazing. The second person to live in my house's first name was Abel, and he lived here for 40 years during the late 1700's and early 1800's after fighting in the Revolutionary War. I then noticed that he got it from his dad, but the deeds wouldn't go back that far. I went to the state archives to ask about old plans and plat maps, and they said that there were some for some towns. The ones for my town haven't been found for around 30 years though, since the filing system changed. Then I found a lead on a document from the 1980's that was in a dusty filing cabinet, saying the new plan number. I looked at the plan number there and noticed that it was a subdivision from the 1970's, I went to page two and there was the 1740's plat map of our town lol! The map had each landowner listed on each lot, including the father of Abel. I later confirmed that he built a house on that lot in the 1740's, which was still inhabited when the book I was reading was published in the late 1800's!

Last edited:

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love this type of thing.....most 'scientists' would say carbon monoxide coming from the basement.... Personally Ive experienced things where no poisoning was possible.

Keep us posted!

Chub

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, ever since my 13 year old got a keyboard for Christmas I have noticed some strange things happening. From downstairs, when no one is home, me and a couple other family members have heard a few notes playing loudly on the keyboard in her room. When someone goes to check upstairs, the keyboard is always off. Today I was going upstairs, and suddenly heard soft instrumental music coming from her room. I figured that was weird because she wasn't up there, and there were no electronics in her room except for the off keyboard. It sounded almost like '70s instrumental rock (one of the 150 sound choices on the keyboard), reminding me a little bit of the style of the end of "Fire on High" by ELO (great song), but with way less instruments. I looked everywhere, but couldn't pinpoint it coming from anywhere, it was weird, it sounded like it was coming from many places at once, very softly. It faded away after 30 seconds, and never came back. The keyboard is brand new, before I blame it on ghosts, I want to see if there is anything there that would make that music. She hates any instrumental music or rock music, and pretty much listens to only listens to top 40 pop. My house is from the 1740's, and me and other people in my family have experienced strange things, such as hearing a little girl calling my dog by his name a couple weeks ago. What do you guys think?
Ughhh, I hate dealing with spirits, lol, well, not the drinking kind of course, but I digress...... :laughing7:

The music sound, COULD it have been her alarm clock set to "wake by music" and the volume down low...... Maybe after a few minutes, it turns itself off? :dontknow:

Mouse inside piano? :icon_scratch:

Call the company, see if maybe anyone else had this issue...... a loose connection inside, bad foreign transponder thingy part...... anything outta the norm....... :dontknow:
Check their online piano forum......?

And WHO could not LOVE this song......? :icon_scratch:
It's even got a piano solo, for her to learn. :o :laughing7:
(If I had the sheet music to it, I'd send it to you, but I don't, sorry)

OP
OP
coinman123

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Ughhh, I hate dealing with spirits, lol, well, not the drinking kind of course, but I digress...... :laughing7:

The music sound, COULD it have been her alarm clock set to "wake by music" and the volume down low...... Maybe after a few minutes, it turns itself off? :dontknow:

Mouse inside piano? :icon_scratch:

Call the company, see if maybe anyone else had this issue...... a loose connection inside, bad foreign transponder thingy part...... anything outta the norm....... :dontknow:
Check their online piano forum......?

And WHO could not LOVE this song......? :icon_scratch:
It's even got a piano solo, for her to learn. :o :laughing7:
(If I had the sheet music to it, I'd send it to you, but I don't, sorry)

Beautiful song, one of my favorite songs by The Beatles. I got my hands on a high end used turntable, and found almost all of the original '60s Beatles records used for under $10 each at the local antique shop (except a lot of the ones Capital put out in 1964, which contained many of the same songs, I got VeeJay's "Introducing The Beatles" which has most of them). It's a shame that Capital changed around many of the songs on each album in the US, or even removed some on the early US versions, such as Revolver and Rubber Soul. I was happy to find a copy of Sgt Pepper from the 1967 with the original cutouts still in it, for around $5.

She doesn't have a clock in her room, and the keyboard is electric, so it wasn't plugged in. Not sure at this point what caused this, I haven't heard it since I posted this. I think I might set a recorder upstairs, or in her room when she is not home. It would be cool, and scary, if I catch anything. A few years ago I went to an extremely haunted cemetery that appears on many lists as one of the most haunted places around here. I spent 10 minutes recording to see if I could catch anything, and when I played it back, right after asking the spirit's name for the 20th time. I heard a very loud raspy, "SHUT UP". Lol, apparently even the ghosts think I am annoying.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread