Astral Projection... you ever try it?

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shirley McClain's first book (in the mid-1970s) was about her experiences in the paranormal, particularly astral projection. In this book, she described the sensations she felt when she did it and also described the silver cord that connected her astral body with her physical body. She also described, how to do it. I had also bought a book on the subject at a local used book store that gave the same basic directions for doing it.
Like a fool, I tried those techniques one night just after going to bed and scared the H--- out of myself. I had checked out McClain's book at the base library and took it back, but I tore up that astral book I'd bought and threw it away. It had really shook me up. Haven't tried it since.

The basic technique requires relaxation and a certain point of concentration in your mind's eye. When I saw and felt myself moving forward, faster and faster through the mind's "fog", I drew back and forced a stop. As I said, it scared the H--- out of me. And, NO I was not going into a self-hypnosis sleep at that time. I have used the self hypnosis technique to get to sleep quickly when too tired and sore to drop off normally. There is enough difference in the two meditation methods as to be easily discerned. I have absolutely NO doubt that astral projection is possible and also some other things we probably shouldn't be trying. :)

I will not urge anyone else to NOT experiment in this area, but I WILL urge you to be very careful and go slowly. If you can get with someone who's experienced in this area, do. Stay safe.

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Shortstack...

Thanks for commenting... you did a great job describing the feeling's I had when I tried it. I think I may have been able to succeed if I "let myself go" but wanted to control it too much and it never happened for me.

It's a damned spookey feeling... and I agree that it was not some kind of relaxed sleep state but a very real disconnecting from my body.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Montana Jim said:
Shortstack...

Thanks for commenting... you did a great job describing the feeling's I had when I tried it. I think I may have been able to succeed if I "let myself go" but wanted to control it too much and it never happened for me.

It's a damned spookey feeling... and I agree that it was not some kind of relaxed sleep state but a very real disconnecting from my body.

Yeah. Going faster and faster through the brown fog is what scared me. It was like accelerating through a thick brown fog. No swirling or rowling fog. Just passing straight through. I bailed out before breaking outside. I have a very clear memory of it and it is different to the self-hypnosis for sleep. In those cases, when the last inch of my body was relaxed; the next thing I knew, I was waking up the next morning.
As you apparently know, it's real hard to accurately describe the "sight" and feeling of your body "peeling back". That's as close as I can get.
I don't think I could do it again anyway because the total quiet needed for full concentration just isn't available where I'm living now. Back then, I was living in a dormitory at Barksdale AFB, in a room to myself because of my rank and, believe it or not, late at night it could get totally quiet---concrete construction, don't ya know. ;D

T

The.Boomer

Lemme get this straight, 1 body + 1 spirit = living soul. With that in mind what part of you could possibly astral project ? The spirit ? Now if the spirit is the only thing which could possibly do this, why would 1 body - 1 spirit not = a not living soul ? :icon_scratch:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The.Boomer said:
Lemme get this straight, 1 body + 1 spirit = living soul. With that in mind what part of you could possibly astral project ? The spirit ? Now if the spirit is the only thing which could possibly do this, why would 1 body - 1 spirit not = a not living soul ? :icon_scratch:

The silver thread keeps the astral body connected to the physical body. If that thread gets broken, the body dies. There is also a chance that another entity can enter your body while your astral is about. Only the darker ones would try, though.

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
So what do the darker ones do, cut the thread ? Cause man I been trying to cut the strings from my 21 year old son and that's damn near impossible. :D :D :D

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:coffee2: :tongue3: :thumbsup: :D MD Dog... you have been "enabling" yer 21 years old son... he has "dependency issues"; APRON STRINGS (cut 'em...). The "Rubber Band effect" snapping back is the "Silver Cord"... visualize a placenta-like "thingie" that mother & baby have, until the "doc" cuts the "cord" for INDEPENDENT LIFE, as a human being. MY first OBE (Out of Body Experience) was spontaneous, and it sorta
"freaked me out"... HA! :D LATER, I learned to "control" it, and "it" was used by US ARMY INTELLIGENCE for REMOTE VIEWING (OPERATION STARGATE); closed down, and taken over by CIA. S. Hussein was located by RV, and info was "communicated" to troops "on the ground". They found him, and he was pulled out... looking like a MANGY DOG. :D The REST... is HISTORY. RV is being utilized to "locate" Bin Laden...
BUT! He has his own PSYCHIC WARRIORS. >:( Talk about the "War of the SONS of LIGHT vs the SONS of DARKNESS (WAR SCROLL - DEAD SEA SCROLL). :o

T

The.Boomer

I actually met the two soldiers who found Sadam and they said nothing about getting inside info of that kind. They did have an Iraqi Spy who led them to the farm but this was the same guy who had told them where to bomb a couple of days before the war started, Only Sadam had already come and gone so our troops didn't have allot of faith in this guy a second time around. Anyway, the soldiers who found Sadam said they just heard a sound when they accidently walked accross the plug over Sadams hidey hole. If there was any inside info. it came from God who led that soldiers footsteps. :wink:

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Rebel - KGC said:
:coffee2: :tongue3: :thumbsup: STARBUCKS! vibes was "saying"... 'tis child's play. :D

I got that... I was wondering if vibes is scoffing it likes it's easy and common to her or if she was putting down the entire topic.

I guess I didn't get the vibes...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions