Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been about reading and following Maoquan Deng for a few weeks now (business). Deteknix is not your typical "Chinese detector" offering. Mr. Deng follows all trademark applications to the T. A smart businessman/engineer. Growing Deteknix a step at a time since 2013. If the first XPointer had problems, they were worked out before the next new idea was implemented. It's hard to start a new business. But Deteknix is providing a "good" product at a "good" price.

Even though the heat may come down on Deteknix as a "Chinese" brand, Mr. Deng has found a mutual bond that has China manufacturing components, and the final assembly, quality control and shipping for the new Quest Detectors are done in Corvina, CA. Taking advantage of lower labor costs and higher quality control allows for a best of both worlds scenario when marketing a product.

From my own experiences, Deteknix products are worth every penny of the investment I made in them. And I'm hoping the Quest trio of new detectors are the same. The pics and info alone are enough to give a second glance to.

From the business side, this small business by Maoquan Deng has been well executed with vision and provision. And Mr Deng has every reason to be proud of his accomplishments, even from Shenzhen (Hong Kong).

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
For what its worth, I plan on buying one of the Quest line detectors.

deteknix

Jul 22, 2013
Covina, CA
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS Pro-pointer
Ace 350
White's 6000DI pro
Rangar
Tesoro Cortes
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks everyone. Will try our best to bring more new good stuff for detectorists.:occasion14:

OP
OP
Phantasman

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For what its worth, I plan on buying one of the Quest line detectors.

I would eventually like to try the Quest Pro. It is the only detector I have seen lately that has more state of the art offerings at a nice MSRP. It appears that each are being listed as a package.
deteknix-quest-price.jpg
Each package has you ready to go, from coil cover and headphones to a digger and pouch, and then even a carry bag and a hat to shade the eyes.

A well marketed product. If it field tests positively and competitively, Deteknix can take a breather and Mr Deng a well deserved vacation as it sells worldwide.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I still love my XPointer even though I got a bumpy start with it.
Still works reliably and flawlessly and that's all I wanted.

Overall and based on my experience thus far, Deteknix seems like a good company with good products to me.
Should that ever change I'll post about it immediately but so far; so good......

Last edited:

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of the most reliable and well made electronics in the world come from China. I have seen Chinese motherboards take unbelievable amounts of stress and keep on working flawlessly...for years.

China is actually a very proud nation and they take pride in their exported products. It is the black-market that ruins it for China. Labeling every product that is made in China as being a cheap inferior product is laughable at best.

I am looking forward to this detector and have no issues with its origin. I hope Deteknix hits a home run with it.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been about reading and following Maoquan Deng for a few weeks now (business). Deteknix is not your typical "Chinese detector" offering. Mr. Deng follows all trademark applications to the T. A smart businessman/engineer. Growing Deteknix a step at a time since 2013. If the first XPointer had problems, they were worked out before the next new idea was implemented. It's hard to start a new business. But Deteknix is providing a "good" product at a "good" price.

Even though the heat may come down on Deteknix as a "Chinese" brand, Mr. Deng has found a mutual bond that has China manufacturing components, and the final assembly, quality control and shipping for the new Quest Detectors are done in Corvina, CA. Taking advantage of lower labor costs and higher quality control allows for a best of both worlds scenario when marketing a product.

From my own experiences, Deteknix products are worth every penny of the investment I made in them. And I'm hoping the Quest trio of new detectors are the same. The pics and info alone are enough to give a second glance to.

From the business side, this small business by Maoquan Deng has been well executed with vision and provision. And Mr Deng has every reason to be proud of his accomplishments, even from Shenzhen (Hong Kong).

Phantasman,
You seemed well versed on this relative new detector. Just wondering if you know it the videos that have come out of Russia and Sweden are machines assembled in Covina,CA? I wouldn't think they would be. Maybe a similar set up where manufactured in China and then assembled elsewhere in Europe.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do not care where something is made, if it is better I buy it

I buy japanese cars after buying an old honda after a life time of buying american junk

just make the best product and stand behind it

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not care where something is made, if it is better I buy it

I buy japanese cars after buying an old honda after a life time of buying american junk

just make the best product and stand behind it

I am with you Jeff, just wondering when this unit with appear here.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They relocated to Cali and are having start up problems with employees. I thing the gentleman trying to start the company is from out of country. He is trying that is all I know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread