Explorer XS Pro-pointer
Ace 350
White's 6000DI pro
Rangar
Tesoro Cortes
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
We are excited to present a new way to "Go fishing" with a deteknix SCUBA TECTOR. The 60M/200TF submersible PI monster. Available this March starting from 169.99USD.
scuba_tector_1.jpg

Be sure to check out the review by Michael Oliver https://youtu.be/dhvsVS1IAHA.

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Deteknix Scuba Tector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This may prove quite interesting. I am very interested in hearing how it works for people.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And you can flip burgers with it when your done hunting!

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd be curious to see who this actually works on a live dig......can you call it a dig when scuba diving, or is more a "live wave the sand away"?

thekspapa

Jul 11, 2016
Ne oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000, mine lab 305, at pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I tried to purchase one online but they are not currently available. When will you have some more?

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 20403615_493545207658216_1877119221_n.jpg
    20403615_493545207658216_1877119221_n.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 478
  • 20401361_493545220991548_896919007_n.jpg
    20401361_493545220991548_896919007_n.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 396
  • BLAKE DID U SIGN UP FOR THE CONINAIL CAMP (10).jpg
    BLAKE DID U SIGN UP FOR THE CONINAIL CAMP (10).jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 449

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! I love the scuba tector, particularly at swim beaches in the area. I can easily go non-stop for 4 hrs.

glitch

Jul 5, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Everyone,

ok in short:

Device: Quest / Deteknix Scuba tector
Problem : on Power up the device constantly beeps non stop unless placed on solid ground (pain in the back side if your in water and it wont stop)
Solution: ???????

The Long Story:
I got my Scuba tector a couple of days ago and it works. However, as soon as i power up it goes crazy beeping constantly and nothing seems to stop it unless you put it down on the floor !!!!
it was the only way i could get it to stop and during this crazy beeping it does not detect anything at all pressing the mode button did not help either you have to put it down on the ground for it to stop beeping and sober up!!!.
I thought id be ok if i just did that when i hit the beach but tested it out today and it went all crazy like ALWAYS on start up and could not get it to stop while in the water so i came out and tried to power it up on the beach thinking by placing it on the ground it would shut up and go into detecting mode but that didnt work either. then i walked back up got a towel placed it on the sand and powered it up a couple of times and finally it stoped beeping like crazy so went back into the water and had some fun and before leaving i tested the power up again in the water and still it went crazy.

what on eath am i doing wrong???
or is this a faulty tector ??
any input or if anyone experienced anything similar would be appreciated as i am here on the beach for the next couple of mornings and would love to go treasure hunting like normal people do :).

cheers and thanx

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I like burgers

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
That's A really cool idea. It would cooler if I lived near an ocean. Congrats on a new product.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Everyone,

ok in short:

Device: Quest / Deteknix Scuba tector
Problem : on Power up the device constantly beeps non stop unless placed on solid ground (pain in the back side if your in water and it wont stop)
Solution: ???????

The Long Story:
I got my Scuba tector a couple of days ago and it works. However, as soon as i power up it goes crazy beeping constantly and nothing seems to stop it unless you put it down on the floor !!!!
it was the only way i could get it to stop and during this crazy beeping it does not detect anything at all pressing the mode button did not help either you have to put it down on the ground for it to stop beeping and sober up!!!.
I thought id be ok if i just did that when i hit the beach but tested it out today and it went all crazy like ALWAYS on start up and could not get it to stop while in the water so i came out and tried to power it up on the beach thinking by placing it on the ground it would shut up and go into detecting mode but that didnt work either. then i walked back up got a towel placed it on the sand and powered it up a couple of times and finally it stoped beeping like crazy so went back into the water and had some fun and before leaving i tested the power up again in the water and still it went crazy.

what on eath am i doing wrong???
or is this a faulty tector ??
any input or if anyone experienced anything similar would be appreciated as i am here on the beach for the next couple of mornings and would love to go treasure hunting like normal people do :).

cheers and thanx

Glitch,

please contact quest metal detectors so they can troubleshoot your problem.

Wayne

Truffles_EOD

Aug 4, 2013
Sarajevo
Detector(s) used
Started with Garrett AT/Gold, 2 x Scuba Tectors for shallow water while swimming along the beaches, now have Equinox 800 and starting to find decent items!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I purchased 2 last Summer and have tried them out with my Son just swimming at arms length of the beach sweeping back and forth, no-one has any idea what it is when they see you, it just looks like a kids toy spade :) I've found about 40 x Coins mainly former Yugoslavia and also modern Croatian Kuna, was hoping for a ring but probably need to go further out from the shore to find them... but they are good fun, set them up to the highest sensitivity, I was digging 10 - 15cm down for some coins... for a discreet detector while surrounded by Sun Worshippers Mid-Summer this is the ideal detector for searching just inside the waterline while swimming ;)

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excited to see the new Quest Scuba Tector Pro which will come out Spring of 2020. Can't wait to see some video comparisons on Youtube.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions