soup

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Xterra 70, Compass Relic Magnum 7a, Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett AT Pro (Sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's my recipe.. well it's more like the ingredients. I don't really have a "recipe". You adjust everything based on the amount of potatoes that you use and it's really forgiving. Just don't use too much water.

Basically, I cut up some of the smaller celery leaves and some of the smaller celery stalks. The ones that are in the middle of the bunch.

Cut up some onion and start cooking them in some water. Then slice about 3 or 4 potatoes (or enough to feed your group) into about eighth in slices. I used to use a mandolin potato slicer but it cut them a little too thin.

Then add water until it almost covers everything. About a 1/2 inch below the level of the potatoes. I usually use Russet potatoes, but I have to peel them. Lately, I've used Red potatoes and don't bother peeling them. It's just as good. I usually cut up some left over ham and add that. On occasion I've browned and used some Italian sausage (any kind of sausage will do). I usually add some butter and either a little sour cream or (my father use to add) some milk.

I know it's not much of a recipe because there isn't any proportions. It really doesn't matter, as long as you don't use too much water.

There's another recipe for the Toscana Zuppa (I think that's how you spell it) that Olive Garden uses. It has Kale and sausage and is pretty good too. I made that one with turkey sausage and added some red pepper flakes.

I think Olive Garden uses Italian Sausage.

http://www.tuscanrecipes.com/recipes/olive-garden-zuppa-toscana.html

You might like the Olive Garden soup. Better yet, why don't you just go there and get the all you can eat Soup and Salad. It's a lot easier. :wink:

Bob

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
Sometimes when making potato soup, toward the end of cooking, I'll add some fairly crisp bacon
cut up & maybe a diced up jalepeno pepper or two. You don't have to make it real hot, but the
pepper adds a nice taste. And you can add some cheddar cheese right before serving or put it
on the table & use if wanted. If not sure, just divide the soup & experiment with half of it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions