Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Sunray DX-1
Falcon MD20
Garrett Seahunter Mark II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is my secret recipe so please keep it to yourself. It is a little different than most. I have been told by people that tried it that they cannot eat the others anymore.

Special notes – Different brands of ingredients can cause vast changes in the taste. Mainly, I am speaking of the sauce and the noodles. There is a huge taste difference between Prego and Ragu. Any name brand of noodle will do but stay away from the cheap store name brand. For instance, Walmart’s Great Value brand has a starchy taste to it and they tend to stick together. This recipe was extensively tested to suit my biased taste buds. I can tell that some of you are very weird….I mean different than me so you are free to change anything in this recipe to suit your tastes.

Ingredients

1 lb lean ground beef
1 medium onion diced
1-2 cloves of garlic diced
1 tbs Mrs Dash
1 large jar of Prego spaghetti sauce
1 box of lasagna noodles
1 large container of ricotta cheese
2 eggs
½ cup parmesan cheese
1 package frozen chopped spinach thawed and well drained
2 lbs shredded mozzarella cheese

Cook meat, onions, garlic and Mrs Dash in a frying pan. Drain off any fat, add Prego, mix and set aside.

Boil noodles. Tip- add a little olive oil to the water and bring it to a boil before adding the noodles to avoid sticking.

In a large bowl, mix ricotta, spinach, parmesan and eggs.

Coat the bottom of a 13 x 9 casserole pan with sauce. Add a layer of noodles and cover them with sauce. Add several large spoonfuls of the cheese mixture and spread it out a little. Sprinkle a liberal amount of mozzarella then repeat the layering stating with the noodles until you reach the top. After the last layer of noodles, cover them with sauce and more mozzarella.

Cover with aluminum foil, tenting the top so the cheese does not stick to it. Bake at 350 for about and hour. In the last 10-15 minutes, remove the foil to finish melting the cheese and brown it a little. Remove from the oven and let it cool and set up for about 15 minutes.

Serve with garlic bread. Enjoy!

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is almost how I make mine and it's good :icon_thumleft: May I also suggest another topping for you? Get the wide pepperoni from a deli and panfry it until it gets hard, then add that as one of the last toppings only to be covered by the cheese. I saw this one some food show and feel in love with it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread