My wifes Boston Butt! not from Boston From the South

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
BangTango said:
My Wife smokes the best meat ever! For sandwich or plate or whatever! it is the best!! She puts Monteral seasoning on it and then smokes it with apple wood and baste with apple juice.... it is the best! any comments or suggestions?
Bang
PS. We are in the south not Yankees!LOL

Sounds good. I love that smoke but it hurts me nowadays. I rub my butts with Butt Rub and use charcoal only to cook it. 4 hours at 350 deg. Wrap in foil, 350 deg for another hour and it will fall apart. What part of the south are you from?

Randy

PS-My wife loves butt rub too. :laughing7:

OP
OP
B

BangTango

Feb 24, 2009
We are in Georgia, Augusta . But she has a degree from the U of Louville for culinary arts! and man she can cook!
Bang

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
BangTango said:
We are in Georgia, Augusta . But she has a degree from the U of Louville for culinary arts! and man she can cook!
Bang

OK. What time should I show up for supper? :wink:

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Thanks Bang, nothing like southern hospitality. :icon_sunny:

I think you flung a craving on me, I'm cooking a butt today. :D

I'm from the Tuscaloosa area.

Randy

bbqbull

Oct 31, 2006
Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X 70
Does she inject the butt before cooking it?

Im going to start injecting the butts I do the next time I smoke some.

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
I've been using that apple juice or apricot juice for over 20 years now for both pork & chicken.
It makes a big difference with the juice & slow heat. No more losing all that flavor in the
cooking water. Had some ribs cooked this way the other day.

goldie1959

Oct 7, 2007
michigan
Detector(s) used
garrett ultra gta 500
rub them with black pepper and applesauce and instead of water use ginger ale

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
i tryed to rub wifes butt today but i got ran through the house buy the kids going eeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwget him ill go out the back and cut him off at the pass and was trapped behind the couch by two kids armed with solid pvc core foam bats but she was making best winter food of all time tomatoe soup and griled cheessamichs made in cast iron skillet .was a lot of fun all 4 of us ahd been at 1 level of bad sick or another since new years eve me it was drink water get sick fall back asleep for 2 days the kids just got sick all day and early morning wife woke up got sick twice by 4 pm we were all doing great and went to redkneck heaven WALMART I SAY THAT BECAUSE MY BROTHER SAYS I AM A RED KNECK BECAUSE I HUNT FISH TRAP CAMP AND CHEW TOBACCO AND SPIT IN ANYTHING AND MY RING TONE IS BY RODNEY CARRINGTON TITT--S AND BEER and i have a concrette stone that says if not at home try walmart and a foam rubber deer in my side yard that doubles as a christmas ornament and a bow target ?what do you all think i i am not dumb i have a ad in criminal justicei am just resourceful and thrifty he say tight lazy

bbqbull

Oct 31, 2006
Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X 70
I normally rub my butts w/cheap mustard then add my rub.
I cook mine at 250 degrees until they hit 160-170 internal, double wrap with HD tin foil and add a bit of apple juice until they hit 200 internal.
then I open the foil and let the bark firm up again before pulling.

If you are going to slice your butt, pull at 190 internal.

Makes an awesome meal either in sandwiches or on a plate with taters and a salad.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread