poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best eatin catfish 8-16 inches get any bigger the meat gets tough. Therefor I filet the filet. Cut into thinner pieces. Makes fer some good eatin....

OP
OP
sasnz

sasnz

Aug 15, 2006
Auckland
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500 GTI
Wow guys thought this post would get lost in the system but seems there are a couple of jerky lovers onboard. :hello2: As soon as I get some venison I will be making another batch. I would send it to you fellas but i fear that it would probably not get thru the border. :icon_scratch:

Cheers Sasnz

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max
sasnz said:
Wow guys thought this post would get lost in the system but seems there are a couple of jerky lovers onboard. :hello2: As soon as I get some venison I will be making another batch. I would send it to you fellas but i fear that it would probably not get thru the border. :icon_scratch:

Cheers Sasnz

ahh well you know you could try LOL

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
ask packer backer * -- a good while back i was asked to "judge" who made the best beef jerky -- i seem to remember his was quite tasty :icon_thumright:

stilllookin

Apr 3, 2010
Vermont
Ya got to love it . :tongue3:
This may be an old post but I believe there are some jerky lovers out there who want to see more recipes. I start with about 3 Lbs. of venison in about 1/4 in thick strips, when I have it. And I do not have anything written down as to how much of each ingredient to use . The next time I make some I'll try to be more accurate, but for now! In a large bowl with the venison, 3/4 cup of Italian or zesty Italian salad dressing, 2 tbs. of liquid smoke, 1/4 cup of brown sugar, 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce, a few shakes of garlic salt. Tsp. salt tsp. blk pepper. place the ingredients in a sealable plastic bag and mix thoroughly, and place in refrigerator. Leave for 6 to 12 hours (it doesn't seem to make much difference) you may squish the bag occasionally while you are waiting.
Then place on trays in a dehydrator, dehydrate for about 12 hours. Turn pcs over about half way through the process. You may have to adjust times so check the process often for doneness. (is it a word? doneness ) I always refrigerate mine when done. don't ask me how long it will last because it's always gone within a week. The ingredients I listed are necessary sometimes I go crazy and add maple syrup a little Tabasco sauce and or whatever I Have, it all works.

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since its that time of the year.. Bumpidy Bump.. ;D Yummity Yumm

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max
poorhunter78 said:

Ok I'll put my stomach up for tasting again! The things I do for ya folks LOL

Ya try any new recipes poorhunter?

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frank1960 said:
poorhunter78 said:

Frank, I have used the same jerky recipe for about 20 years.. Cant have too much of a good thing..

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max
poorhunter78 said:
Frank1960 said:
poorhunter78 said:

Frank, I have used the same jerky recipe for about 20 years.. Cant have too much of a good thing..

Well ya got a point there lol

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frank1960 said:
poorhunter78 said:
Frank1960 said:
poorhunter78 said:

Won't be long Frank! I still got yer Address.. Hunting season was not very generous last winter, This will be much better.. Stay tuned. And watch the mail.. :icon_thumleft:

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max
[/quote]

[/quote]
Won't be long Frank! I still got yer Address.. Hunting season was not very generous last winter, This will be much better.. Stay tuned. And watch the mail.. :icon_thumleft:
[/quote]

OHHHHHHH Boy love the Jerky lol
I got to go with a couple of friends hunting this season. They did the hunting I did the driving. Don't have a hunting rifle and couldn't afford tags anyhow but got to sit around a cabin with no electicity or heat and just enjoy a fire while we were awake and the crisp clear air. We did see about 9 doe's but no bucks and that is what one of their tags were for the other one had a tag for a bull elk but didn't see any of them. Did see 3 moose looked like a family. We also had some elk steak that one of the guys got last season which was great I am now a elk meat lover. He gave me some antelope burger also that I have yet to try but am looking forward to it. Was looking forward to them getting something so I could help process it from begining to end and then I could have had meat for jerky also. Oh well maybe next season.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
The best jerky has the least ingredients.

Too much crap spoils the natural flavor of the meat.

I dip mine in brine, then smoke with fresh alder. Done. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread