Salt taters
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    us
    Feb 2008
    Morgantown,WV
    Bounty Hunter Landstar
    4,618
    1001 times

    Salt taters

    All those aggravating marble to golf ball size taters that are so tedious to peel become favorites when boiled soft in a salt brine strong enough to float an egg .
    Great as is once drained and cooled enough to eat , alone or mushed with butter and black pepper .
    Keep for some time even without refrigeration and slice into tasty hashbrowns that are quick to fix .
    Wolfpack forever

  2. #2
    Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2006
    SE Louisiana
    Garrett AT Pro & Ace 250
    20,786
    2425 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

    Re: Salt taters

    Excellent eating once they're boiled in the crab boil mixture, rather they're boiled with crabs, crawfish or shrimp. Using those boiling sacks add with the corn, garlic, mushroom. Mmmmm!!

    RR





  3. #3
    us
    Feb 2008
    Morgantown,WV
    Bounty Hunter Landstar
    4,618
    1001 times

    Re: Salt taters

    That works very well , too , if you live where that can happen . We are much less fortunate here in
    the Appalachian mountains .
    Wolfpack forever

  4. #4
    Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2006
    SE Louisiana
    Garrett AT Pro & Ace 250
    20,786
    2425 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

    Re: Salt taters

    Well, we may not any crabs & shrimp for a long time.

    Anyway, those taters are excellent fixed with green beans...no peeling and just the right size.

    RR





  5. #5
    us
    Nov 2004
    Edwards,Missouri
    MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
    5,599
    59 times

    Re: Salt taters

    Quote Originally Posted by River Rat
    Excellent eating once they're boiled in the crab boil mixture, rather they're boiled with crabs, crawfish or shrimp. Using those boiling sacks add with the corn, garlic, mushroom. Mmmmm!!

    RR
    If I ever come to supper RR,I want some of those,BUT,ya gotta peel 'em!

  6. #6
    us
    Feb 2008
    Morgantown,WV
    Bounty Hunter Landstar
    4,618
    1001 times

    Re: Salt taters

    Quote Originally Posted by warsawdaddy
    Quote Originally Posted by River Rat
    Excellent eating once they're boiled in the crab boil mixture, rather they're boiled with crabs, crawfish or shrimp. Using those boiling sacks add with the corn, garlic, mushroom. Mmmmm!!

    RR
    If I ever come to supper RR,I want some of those,BUT,ya gotta peel 'em!
    Whydja wanna waste the most flavorful part and cause him that much extra work to accomodate you as a guest ?
    Wolfpack forever

  7. #7
    Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2006
    SE Louisiana
    Garrett AT Pro & Ace 250
    20,786
    2425 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

    Re: Salt taters

    Quote Originally Posted by truckinbutch
    Quote Originally Posted by warsawdaddy
    Quote Originally Posted by River Rat
    Excellent eating once they're boiled in the crab boil mixture, rather they're boiled with crabs, crawfish or shrimp. Using those boiling sacks add with the corn, garlic, mushroom. Mmmmm!!

    RR
    If I ever come to supper RR,I want some of those,BUT,ya gotta peel 'em!
    Whydja wanna waste the most flavorful part and cause him that much extra work to accomodate you as a guest ?
    him is her

    LOL, WSD hopefully is picking on me. There's no way I gonna peel these things...you're right they're more flavorful with the skin on. Some of em if peeled would be the size of a marble.

    RR





  8. #8
    us
    Nov 2004
    Edwards,Missouri
    MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
    5,599
    59 times

    Re: Salt taters


    Never seen 'em peeled!

  9. #9

    Feb 2005
    Tioga Co. Pa.
    380
    11 times

    Re: Salt taters

    We have them many times, with our meals. we just put lots of real butter, salt and pepper on them, they are really good. Sweet corn on the cob with lots of real butter and salt too.

  10. #10
    us
    Feb 2008
    Morgantown,WV
    Bounty Hunter Landstar
    4,618
    1001 times

    Re: Salt taters

    Quote Originally Posted by simonds
    We have them many times, with our meals. we just put lots of real butter, salt and pepper on them, they are really good. Sweet corn on the cob with lots of real butter and salt too.
    You know what I'm talkin about .
    Wolfpack forever

  11. #11
    us
    Jul 2013
    a, ohio
    A $10 garage sale find.
    742
    252 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Use them they same way but my great grandma makes a white gravy and finished them up in it. They are some good eating.

 

 

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

salt taters

Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0