Salt taters

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
All those aggravating marble to golf ball size taters that are so tedious to peel become favorites when boiled soft in a salt brine strong enough to float an egg .
Great as is once drained and cooled enough to eat , alone or mushed with butter and black pepper .
Keep for some time even without refrigeration and slice into tasty hashbrowns that are quick to fix .

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent eating once they're boiled in the crab boil mixture, rather they're boiled with crabs, crawfish or shrimp. Using those boiling sacks add with the corn, garlic, mushroom. Mmmmm!!

:wink: RR

OP
OP
truckinbutch

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
That works very well , too , if you live where that can happen . We are much less fortunate here in
the Appalachian mountains .

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, we may not any crabs & shrimp for a long time.

Anyway, those taters are excellent fixed with green beans...no peeling and just the right size.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
River Rat said:
Excellent eating once they're boiled in the crab boil mixture, rather they're boiled with crabs, crawfish or shrimp. Using those boiling sacks add with the corn, garlic, mushroom. Mmmmm!!

If I ever come to supper RR,I want some of those,BUT,ya gotta peel 'em!

OP
OP
truckinbutch

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
warsawdaddy said:
River Rat said:

Whydja wanna waste the most flavorful part and cause him that much extra work to accomodate you as a guest ?

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
truckinbutch said:
warsawdaddy said:
River Rat said:

Whydja wanna waste the most flavorful part and cause him that much extra work to accomodate you as a guest ?

him is her :headbang:

LOL, WSD hopefully is picking on me. There's no way I gonna peel these things...you're right they're more flavorful with the skin on. Some of em if peeled would be the size of a marble.

simonds

Feb 4, 2005
Tioga Co. Pa.
We have them many times, with our meals. we just put lots of real butter, salt and pepper on them, they are really good. Sweet corn on the cob with lots of real butter and salt too.

OP
OP
truckinbutch

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
simonds said:
We have them many times, with our meals. we just put lots of real butter, salt and pepper on them, they are really good. Sweet corn on the cob with lots of real butter and salt too.
:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: You know what I'm talkin about . ;D

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Use them they same way but my great grandma makes a white gravy and finished them up in it. They are some good eating.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread