Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Taboli is a Lebanese vegetable salad that is served in several local steak houses and it is easy to make, good for you, low in caleries and high in nutrition as well as being very delicious. This recipe is enough for a family gathering and I am often asked to make it at family holiday meals as an alternative to some type of green salad.

Ingredients: 5 large tomatos, 3 bunches of green onions, one medium cucumber peeled, aproximately a cup and a fourth of cracked wheat, one bunch of fresh parsley (remove stems), salt and pepper, 3/4 cup of lemon juice and 1/2 cup of EV olive oil.

Chop all vegetables very fine and place in large salad bowl. Wash and drain the cracked wheat and combine with vegies. Add the olive oil and lemon juice and stir to be sure all the ingredients are well coated. Add approximately 1 tablespoon of salt and a heaping teaspoon of black pepper. Stir and place the taboli in the refrigerator for approximately 4 hours, stiring a couple of times in the process. Serve cold. I like fresh lemon juice but bottled will work if you don't want to do all that squeezing! Monty

Kinshipknight

Tenderfoot
Dec 6, 2010
Monty said:
Taboli is a Lebanese vegetable salad that is served in several local steak houses and it is easy to make, good for you, low in caleries and high in nutrition as well as being very delicious.

Thanks for this. I'll Have to try this.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread