Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Pork & Coke ?

That is an interesting video. I've never heard of this until I saw this post. I'm glad you posted both for comparison, even with that, I'm still on the fence with this. The biggest difference in the 2 videos is the time frame. If there were indeed maggots it took them nearly 2 hours to surface. In the second video, the good doctor did the same experiment all in the course of a few minutes. Maybe that doctor should go back and watch the first video again and realize the maggots didn't appear immediately.

It still makes you wonder what the heck you are really eating. :icon_scratch: Then again, the less we know, the better off we are; or we would never eat food again, period.... :laughing7:

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

spartacus53 said:
That is an interesting video. I've never heard of this until I saw this post. I'm glad you posted both for comparison, even with that, I'm still on the fence with this. The biggest difference in the 2 videos is the time frame. If there were indeed maggots it took them nearly 2 hours to surface. In the second video, the good doctor did the same experiment all in the course of a few minutes. Maybe that doctor should go back and watch the first video again and realize the maggots didn't appear immediately.

It still makes you wonder what the heck you are really eating. :icon_scratch: Then again, the less we know, the better off we are; or we would never eat food again, period.... :laughing7:

Yep My thought also.

I Can see why certain Factions would
want you to believe it,
and others Wouldn't.

I'd also like to know if the first was was Fresh Pork or
too old to eat pork

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ever since I was a kid, you were told that pork always had to be well cooked, or else you may get ill. That being said, I think that we may be getting a little extra protein in a pork meal :tongue3: I'll just make sure my maggots are well done when enjoying any pork product. :laughing7:

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

spartacus53 said:
Ever since I was a kid, you were told that pork always had to be well cooked, or else you may get ill. That being said, I think that we may be getting a little extra protein in a pork meal :tongue3: I'll just make sure my maggots are well done when enjoying any pork product. :laughing7:

In the last few years I Heard this has changed
due to strickter Regulations.

While making Deer sausage one time I Saw a friend
Grab a hunk of raw ground pork, & Eat it
without thinking twice.
I Do that with Ground Round & Ground Sirloin.
(Eat it raw as a Snack)
I Wouldn't do what she did though with pork.

anyway I Agree !
well cooked Maggots Shouldn't hurt.
it's just the Other, Other White meat :thumbsup:

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other

Yup ok, i think the first video is a bunch of bull . Maggots have to come from eggs, it takes alot longer than 2 hours for fly eggs to hatch. Pouring coke on them sure isnt going to increase the process of larvae development. :laughing7:

Texas Gld

May 31, 2007
Powers,Oregon

jeff of pa said:
I thought there was a parasite in pork that required 140-degrees to kill?
Biblical refercences prohibit eating for a reason(unclean?) Maggots I don,t think so-however is there some simular in appearance critter?
When I was a kid you could leave beef if Coke over-nite & it would desolve it.There are parasites in pork, toix to humans if not prepared above a certain temp.(Burnt?)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread