A couple veggies on the grill

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
1. Potatoes (mouth watering!)
- spread out 18 inches or so of tin foil.
- spray it with Pam or some other product to reduce sticking. (important!)
- get out a stick of butter, put two or three 1 tblspoon pads on the foil first.
- wash 5 or 6 potatoes but leave the skins on. I like Yukon Gold for this but any good type will doo.
- dice all the potatoes into approx 3/8" to 1/2' squares
- dice up a couple onions
- mix the potato and onion up in a bowl
- put that mixture on the center of the foil. At the end we are going to fold it up into about a 9 inch to 12 inch square so keep it in the center.
- put it in layers placing more pads of butter inbetween the layers and more butter on top
- after all the veggies are in the foil, fold the sides up to make the square package. Roll the short sides tightly.
- place that into another 18 inch piece of foil placing the "short" side longways. (helps stop butter leaking). Fold again same as before.
- repeat so you have three layers of foil
- put it on the hot barbecue grill, flipping it regularly so it doesn't burn
- it takes about 30 or 40 minutes to cook and you'll know it's done when you can smell the onion and potato.
- let cool and transfer into a bowl
Yum!!

2. Corn on the cob (on the grill)
- soak the corn in water for at least a half hour
- take it out of the water at least 15 or 20 minutes prior to cooking to let most of the water drain
- put it directly on the grill husk and all
- while it's cooking, place a tall container with about a half gallon of water on the grill also. Add a stick of butter into the container
- the butter will melt and stay on the top of the water
- when the corn is done, pull back the husk and use it for a handle
- holding the husk, dip the corn ear completely into the container and it will get a nice coating of butter on the way out
- season to taste
Enjoy!!

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Sounds great... even to a confirmed carnivore like me!

(For a second there, I thought we were having ham again.)

Throw another ear or three on the barby! I'll be over for dinner as soon as I pull my eggplant post.

PBK

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
PBK said:
Sounds great... even to a confirmed carnivore like me!

(For a second there, I thought we were having ham again.)

Throw another ear or three on the barby! I'll be over for dinner as soon as I pull my eggplant post.

PBK

Well, I figured almost everyone will have the main course, the meat down pat, so these sides are easy and good.

Thanks PBK,
Chow!

BDoo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread