Other
I love eggplant! one of my fave veggies. so here is my best eggplant dish

eggplant sliced into thin rounds
zuc not as thin rounds
onion thin rounds (sweet if possible)
button shrooms quartered
minced garlic
butter or olive oil
butter bottom of casserole dish, layer in turn 1/2 of eggplant, zuc, onion, shroom, garlic then repeat. cover w/ lid. bake in 350 oven for 1 hr or until veggies are done. I don't use any liquid cuz the veggies make their own. sometimes I will put sliced tomato in also. I finish off with asiago, or Parmesan sprinkled on top of each serving. serve w/ crusty french or italian bread.

OP
OP
M

MiniMe

That sounds great....sounds good for dinner tonight! Thanks MammaBear

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
remove the purple rind --its bitterish -- then cut into long thin silces -- use it to make lasagna use the
eggplant much the same way you would use lasagna noodles .-- sauce the pan bottom- then layer it thus = eggplant silces , shredded cheese , meaty spaghetti type sauce -- top off at end with cheese * bake at 350 * in a lasagna type pan till the cheese on top is golden colored = normally about 1 hour ,but check at 30 min -- a lot depends upon how close your pan is to the heater elements .

you can also use zucchini to do this with too

I used to cook onboard merchant marine ships for 27 years . :wink:

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
heres another for you. this is right up there with hummus.
recipe calls for roasted whole eggplant, charring the skin & peeling it, but I never did that. I don't like dealing w/ the charred eggplant too messy. although for this recipe I did peel it.
cube eggplant into about 1" squares
steam or simmer til soft but not mushy.
2-3 large garlic cloves
1 -2 lemons, juiced, (depends on preference)
1/3 c tahini
1/4 c olive oil
salt to taste
sprinkle w/ cumin & fresh parsley.
use it as a dip for pita bread, or a spread for a sandwich.
all my recipes are "to taste" so play around with it. I like lots of garlic, & I also put cayenne in mine for a little heat. serve cold or warm.
blend all ingredients in blender to make a smooth
use as a dip for pita brea

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
musaka,slice the eggplant longways and fry in olive oil ,cook a pound of hambuger with onions and garlic and what ever you like add pinenuts after you drain it,put the hamburger on the eggplant then put one slice on top then melt cheese on top of it,i like mozz but swiss, munster,or whatever will work.

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Various depends on the need at the moment
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cut eggplant about 1 inch thick ( should look like a hamburger )
Poke several sets of holes in it with a folk
Put it in a large ziplock baggie
Fill Baggie with Italian Salad Dressing
Put in fridge about 12 hours
Remove them from the Baggie
Put them on a medium heated warming rack on your Bar B Que for about 10 minutes
Serve either as a side or hamburger style on white bread
YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMY

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I use eggplant slices and make a sort of lasagne using the eggplant instead of the lasagne noodles.cut the eggplant into about 1/4 inch slices and use instead of noodles.Dont precook the slices.

Doodle Bug

Feb 4, 2013
Let me look through my eggplant recipes.
Ahh, here it is.
Take one eggplant slice it lengthwise into 1/4 inch wide slices.
Place on a wet board and salt.
Place board with eggplant outside in sun for 6 hours.
Check for tenderness.
Remove eggplant from the board and let rest for 30 minutes.
Eat the board!

I hate eggplant!!!

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I love eggplant too, but am very challenged at cooking. I can make enchiladas, tacos(sort of) and fried eggplant. Got a quick, easy recipe off the web. Peel abd cut an eggplant(or like me 2). Slice it and put them in salted water. THEN 1 bowl with cracked, beaten eggs, 1 bowl with plain(or seasoned if you wish) bread crumbs. Frying pan gets 6-8 tablespoons of oil(goes quick or use as much oil as you wish). Eggplant soaks up oil so go easy. Dip slices in egg, coat in bread crumbs, fry till tender and done, drain and enjoy.While last slices are cooking, toss left over eggs, crumbs and put bowls in diswasher. Should not be much oil left in pan, dump it and put frying pan in dish washer. Eat as you go, keep them warm or eat later. Wipe area with paper towel and pig out. Super easy, quick and good...

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I make an eggplant pie in the Summer. I pre bake a pie shell a bit after sautéing sliced eggplant and onion in olive oil and layering with juicy summer tomatoes,fresh basil,and Parmesan cheese. Bake the pie until the crust browns up. This is good even at room temperature.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread