Freezing Potatoes

wirelessworldinc

Dec 30, 2005
Indiana
We had a bumper crop of potatoes in the garden this year. Instead of putting them in the pole barn on the wagon and having to keep turning them all winter I decided to freeze my potatoes. In all my years growing up I never tried this till now, and it works!!!! I left the skins on the whole potatoes and just cleaned them in the driveway. I got our turkey fryer with the basket out and filled it with water to boiling. Put the basket in and dumped the potatoes in. I boiled them for about 10 - 12 minutes until they were what I call almost done. I took them out of the basket and layed them out on towels until they were dry and cool to the touch. I put them in Zip lock baggies and threw them in the freezer. When I need potatoes I take them out and defrost them in the freezer and the skin just peels away with your fingers. I have made fried Potatoes and mashed potatoes with them, and they are just as good as fresh. I tried making potatoe salad with them but it did not turn out good. I haven't tried auGratin Potatoes yet but I think it would turn out just fine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread