Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LMAO :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D thems aint them buffalo trout

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Whats up with the supposed mud streak peps warn that you need to clean before making the carp? An old man once made me some carp that was some of the best fish I have ever had. Ever since its been bad. He said get rid of the mud streak. Unfortunately he passed away shortly after. I miss that guy. Did not get a chance to find out what he was talking about, but he sure could cook any critter your brought him and turn it into the most delicious thing you could eat.

Rev

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its called the mud vein

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is the dark meat that runs along the backbone. Once removed it makes the carp taste better than Walleye I think....LOL I used to smoke them an take around ten pounds to work. They would be gone in no time. I don't think is was the offer of free food either.

Sandman

M

MiniMe

I had to open this because I've always been told that carp is like eating a rubber tire. I used to go watch my husband bow fish these fish, they get huge....We never ate them though.

Fatboy

Dec 28, 2006
Western NY
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
I heard of a similiar recipe for Gar-Pike as well. I read this and LMAO been a long time since I heard that one

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
HAHAHAHA!!! the board prolly would be more tasty than a carp!! ;D

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to catch some pretty big carp as a kid and sell them to the Asian people down by the lake for $5.00 a pop.They loved 'em and for that reason I loved them! I wouldn't eat one myself though. Of course, there's many a critter that they would eat that I wouldn't touch,including big fat field rat,not sewer rat,big fat field rat.That's the way this one guy I knew from the Phillipines would describe them.No,day vary goood I tell youuu. ;D :o :P

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
I know this is an old topic, but an old hillbilly method for cleaning out that mudvein was to put the carp in a big washtub filled with fresh water. Throw in a handful of fresh corn.The water will turn a little muddy from the carp feeding. Dump out the water every day & add corn until the water is clear & the fish will be mostly cleaned out.
Takes about 2-3 days.

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2
LMAO...I was reading this recipe because it seemed a bit odd,yet it turned out wonderful in the end..throw out the fish and eat the board too funny :D :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread