Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
2 frozen pie crusts
12 ounces whitefish filets
1 small bag potato chips
1/2 cup orange blossom honey
1 pkg. instant key lime pie filling

Prepare pie filling and set aside. In standard size pie pan, place one of the thawed frozen crusts. Crumble the potato chips into coarse crumbs and cover the bottom of the crust. Cover with one half of the honey, then pour in the pie filling.

Cut the fish filets into strips, about 2 inches across and 5-6 inches long. Arrange the fish strips on top of the pie filling, covering the surface by placing them side by side and working in a circular fashion. Drizzle the remaining honey over the fish and place the other crust on top, crimping the edges together. Using a sharp knife, cut 3 or 4 slits in the top crust to allow steam to escape. Bake in 350 degree oven for 40 minutes, or until the crust is a deep golden brown. Serve hot with lime sherbet on the side.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do declare...where in the world you find this ??? I've been here all my life & never in my born days heard such a thing, I "googled" and what pops up.... :o

"This is a recipe I received from a very proud elderly aunt in New Orleans. Her son and daughter confirm that she actually made this hideous thing at least a few times each year for decades. Some family members claim to have enjoyed it at the time, but that was probably due to large quantities of my aunt's famous iced tea made with rum. from John Macdonell
Louisiana Sweet Fish Pie"

I'm having a hard time trying to eat crawfish n noodles.

;) RR

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
When I was in Florida ,my friend made this...it was really good...I couldnt find the recipe, so had to google for it also.She just called it Fish and Chips Pie......But as crazy as it sounds ,it is good.

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
:P yummy Lisa ...The orange honey makes it great....I will make it for you when you come visit me ! :-*

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Hmm smoked crawdads was ok down there in Lousiana, but not sure if my taste buds are ready for those differences. Might have to give it a try.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread