Well now what

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya just great... I eat a lot of rice :BangHead: though I eat white rice not brown so maybe that's why I haven't died yet:icon_scratch:. Guess I gotta cut back now, no more bacon, rice & cinnamon roll breakfast for me anymore!

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I happened to find out from my doctor that brown rice is much better for you than white rice, but that both cause blood sugar to rise after consumption and shouldn't be eaten much by diabetics. I had two freak accidents that hurt my left foot, tried self treatment, got an infection, found out I was borderline diabetic, foot got saved, but can't drink, smoke or eat stuff like sweets or rice much. Or at least that was what I was told. So now I just MD some, miss beer, miss Arturo Fuente OPUS X's and still only find broken points and a few clad coins. There is no justice.

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I happened to find out from my doctor that brown rice is much better for you than white rice I had two freak accidents that hurt my left foot, foot got saved, but can't drink, smoke or eat stuff like sweets or rice much. Or at least that was what I was told. So now I just MD some, miss beer, miss Arturo Fuente OPUS X's

Diabetic, Miss beer, miss Arturo Fuente OPUS X's... Damn miss fortunate sounds more like it.... & ya sure brown rice is better for ya if you don't take the higher arsenic content into consideration! Asians I know only eat white rice (BTW mostly I know Koreans) & they are as healthy/fit as it gets. There is NO way brown rice is really notably better for you so these same friends tell me. It's all just a little secret subliminal government conspiracy to help get us to accept brown as being as good as or even better than white!:tongue3:

Oh BTW what sweet or rice stuff were you smoking?:icon_scratch: You probably shouldn't do that for any reason anytime..yuck::thumbsup:

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm married to a Filipino, I have been eating a lot of rice the last 15 years. We buy rice 20# at a time and it lasts maybe 12 days, have a rice cooker that stays on 24 hours day, 7 days a week.... We switched from white to brown mixed with wild rice, a lot healthier and a lot better tasting..........

You might want to check with your sources again and with your doctor. Brown rice is a lot more healthy than white..... Eating a food that contains its original vitamins and minerals in tact is much better for you than eating an "enriched" food that has been stripped of its nutrients and had chemically processed ones artificially added.

What Is the Difference Between Brown and White Rice, Exactly?

Brown rice is the whole grain with just the first outer layer (husk or hull) removed through milling. It retains its fiber and germ which contains vital nutrients.
White rice is brown rice that has been milled to remove the bran and much of the germ, reducing fiber and nutrient content drastically. The grain is further polished to take away the remaining layer of germ (called the aleurone layer) which contains essential oils.

Why Is Brown Rice Healthier?

Brown rice has...

• Twice the manganese and phosphorus as white
  • 2 ½ times the iron3 times vitamin B3
  • 4 times the vitamin B1
  • 10 times the vitamin B6

1. Brown Rice is Rich in Selenium
Extremely high in selenium, an important trace mineral known to drastically reduce our chances of developing certain forms of cancer, as well as heart disease, inflammatory conditions and rheumatoid arthritis.

2. Brown Rice is Very High in Manganese
One cup of brown rice gives us over 80% of our daily manganese requirements. This mineral helps the human body create the important fatty acids that make healthy forms of cholesterol. It is also beneficial to the health of our nervous and reproductive systems.

3. Brown Rice Holds Naturally Occurring Oils
These heart-healthy oils are naturally found in brown rice and can help the body reduce LDL forms of cholesterol.

4. Brown Rice Promotes Weight Loss
Because of its fiber-richness and ability to keep healthy bowel function, brown rice "keeps things moving" in a way that promotes weight-loss and metabolic function. Brown rice makes you feel fuller on less food.

5. Brown Rice Has Antioxidants
Most people associate antioxidants with blueberries and green tea, but many are unaware that brown rice is also a source of antioxidants.

6. Brown Rice is Very High in Fiber
Studies have correlated the high use of whole grains like brown rice with lowered levels of colon cancer. This may be related to its high fiber content. Studies show that fiber actually attaches to cancer-causing substances and toxins, helping to eliminate them from the body, and keeping them from attaching to the cells in our colon. Brown rice also contains the necessary components to stabilize digestion, prevent/relieve constipation and promote proper elimination/bowel function.

7. Brown Rice is a Slow-Release Sugar
Unlike stripped rice, brown rice can help keep blood sugar stabilized, as it releases sugars slowly and in a sustained fashion. This makes it a better option for diabetics, as compared to white rice. While studies in Asia have shown a link between the consumption of white rice and risk of type-2 diabetes, new research shows that individuals who eat at least two servings of brown rice weekly can reduce their chances of developing diabetes 2 by up to 11 percent.

Brown Rice Vs. White Rice | Mojo Foods

All rice is not created equal. When deciding which type of rice to eat, you might want to take the following comparisons into consideration.

Calories
A cup of cooked, medium grain white rice has 242 calories vs. 216 calories in a cup of long grain brown rice.

Fiber

White rice has only 0.6 grams of fiber per cup compared to 4 grams of fiber in brown rice.

Carbs

White rice has 53.2 grams of carbs per cup vs. about 45 grams in a cup of brown rice. In addition, the 4 grams of fiber in the brown rice brings the total net carbs down to 41 grams.

Type 2 Diabetes

Harvard researchers found that eating five or more servings of white rice per week raised a person's risk of developing type 2 diabetes, while eating two or more servings of brown rice per week actually lowered a person's risk of developing the disease.

Vitamins and Minerals
A cup of brown rice contains 84 mg of magnesium compared to 19 mg in white rice. This is because white rice is created by removing several of the outer layers of a grain of rice. Many vitamins and minerals are lost in this process. While some of them are put back into white rice (hence the term "enriched rice"), many, including magnesium, are not added back in. Also, eating a food that contains its original vitamins and minerals in tact is much better for you than eating an "enriched" food that has been stripped of its nutrients and had chemically processed ones artificially added.

Brown Rice vs. White Rice - A Comparison

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Dont forget the wood in the bread,frozen pizzas,grated cheese,etc,etc,etc(yes wood,cellulose is wood) look at the ingredients next time you buy in case you dont believe me.The human body cannot digest cellulose.It is also found in most fast food products,enjoy.

Chips

Jun 1, 2012
Wellington
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 Ltd, GTAx1000 (Coil Died), AT-Pro (died), Tesoro Sand Shark,Ctx3030, Whites V3i.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pass the chips and soda, then. :)

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm married to a Filipino, I have been eating a lot of rice the last 15 years. We buy rice 20# at a time and it lasts maybe 12 days, have a rice cooker that stays on 24 hours day, 7 days a week.... We switched from white to brown mixed with wild rice, a lot healthier and a lot better tasting..........

You might want to check with your sources again and with your doctor. Brown rice is a lot more healthy than white..... Eating a food that contains its original vitamins and minerals in tact is much better for you than eating an "enriched" food that has been stripped of its nutrients and had chemically processed ones artificially added.

What Is the Difference Between Brown and White Rice, Exactly?

Brown rice is the whole grain with just the first outer layer (husk or hull) removed through milling. It retains its fiber and germ which contains vital nutrients.
White rice is brown rice that has been milled to remove the bran and much of the germ, reducing fiber and nutrient content drastically. The grain is further polished to take away the remaining layer of germ (called the aleurone layer) which contains essential oils.

Why Is Brown Rice Healthier?

Brown rice has...

• Twice the manganese and phosphorus as white
  • 2 ½ times the iron3 times vitamin B3
  • 4 times the vitamin B1
  • 10 times the vitamin B6

1. Brown Rice is Rich in Selenium
Extremely high in selenium, an important trace mineral known to drastically reduce our chances of developing certain forms of cancer, as well as heart disease, inflammatory conditions and rheumatoid arthritis.

2. Brown Rice is Very High in Manganese
One cup of brown rice gives us over 80% of our daily manganese requirements. This mineral helps the human body create the important fatty acids that make healthy forms of cholesterol. It is also beneficial to the health of our nervous and reproductive systems.

3. Brown Rice Holds Naturally Occurring Oils
These heart-healthy oils are naturally found in brown rice and can help the body reduce LDL forms of cholesterol.

4. Brown Rice Promotes Weight Loss
Because of its fiber-richness and ability to keep healthy bowel function, brown rice "keeps things moving" in a way that promotes weight-loss and metabolic function. Brown rice makes you feel fuller on less food.

5. Brown Rice Has Antioxidants
Most people associate antioxidants with blueberries and green tea, but many are unaware that brown rice is also a source of antioxidants.

6. Brown Rice is Very High in Fiber
Studies have correlated the high use of whole grains like brown rice with lowered levels of colon cancer. This may be related to its high fiber content. Studies show that fiber actually attaches to cancer-causing substances and toxins, helping to eliminate them from the body, and keeping them from attaching to the cells in our colon. Brown rice also contains the necessary components to stabilize digestion, prevent/relieve constipation and promote proper elimination/bowel function.

7. Brown Rice is a Slow-Release Sugar
Unlike stripped rice, brown rice can help keep blood sugar stabilized, as it releases sugars slowly and in a sustained fashion. This makes it a better option for diabetics, as compared to white rice. While studies in Asia have shown a link between the consumption of white rice and risk of type-2 diabetes, new research shows that individuals who eat at least two servings of brown rice weekly can reduce their chances of developing diabetes 2 by up to 11 percent.

Brown Rice Vs. White Rice | Mojo Foods

All rice is not created equal. When deciding which type of rice to eat, you might want to take the following comparisons into consideration.

Calories
A cup of cooked, medium grain white rice has 242 calories vs. 216 calories in a cup of long grain brown rice.

Fiber

White rice has only 0.6 grams of fiber per cup compared to 4 grams of fiber in brown rice.

Carbs

White rice has 53.2 grams of carbs per cup vs. about 45 grams in a cup of brown rice. In addition, the 4 grams of fiber in the brown rice brings the total net carbs down to 41 grams.

Type 2 Diabetes

Harvard researchers found that eating five or more servings of white rice per week raised a person's risk of developing type 2 diabetes, while eating two or more servings of brown rice per week actually lowered a person's risk of developing the disease.

Vitamins and Minerals
A cup of brown rice contains 84 mg of magnesium compared to 19 mg in white rice. This is because white rice is created by removing several of the outer layers of a grain of rice. Many vitamins and minerals are lost in this process. While some of them are put back into white rice (hence the term "enriched rice"), many, including magnesium, are not added back in. Also, eating a food that contains its original vitamins and minerals in tact is much better for you than eating an "enriched" food that has been stripped of its nutrients and had chemically processed ones artificially added.

Brown Rice vs. White Rice - A Comparison

Now all that being said brown rice has almost twice the arsenic level as white rice, & arsenic is POISON & it stores more in the husk & germ! All the reasons you listed doesn't counteract the higher arsenic (I mean poison) level in brown rice. You will live longer eating white rice, I promise!

My Korean friends have always said brown rice is poisons, & bad for a fetus + pregnant females, I thought they were kidding, guess they weren't?

Last edited:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I say bah on that silly study. Just wait another few months for it to be reversed by another study :laughing7: This has been going on with eggs and steaks for decades and is still changing every other study. It's called job security for scientists :tongue3:

As for that cellulose statement, all plant life contains it, so you best stop eating your veggies :laughing7:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now all that being said brown rice has almost twice the arsenic level as white rice, & arsenic is POISON & it stores more in the husk & germ! All the reasons you listed doesn't counteract the higher arsenic (I mean poison) level in brown rice. You will live longer eating white rice, I promise!

My Korean friends have always said brown rice is poisons, & bad for a fetus + pregnant females, I thought they were kidding, guess they weren't?

You are aware that arsenic is a naturally occurring element that has been present everywhere in the environment for thousands of years, its in air, water, rocks, and soil, all plant foods contain levels of arsenic.

Water contains lots of arsenic, most arsenic is found in meat, fish and poultry, and in all veggies. To avoid it you will need to stop eating.

Warning!!!!!! Studies have shown that people who stop eating are 100% more likely to die...

OP
OP
ticm

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Treasure_Hunter said:
You are aware that arsenic is a naturally occurring element that has been present everywhere in the environment for thousands of years, its in air, water, rocks, and soil, all plant foods contain levels of arsenic.

Water contains lots of arsenic, most arsenic is found in meat, fish and poultry, and in all veggies. To avoid it you will need to stop eating.

Warning!!!!!! Studies have shown that people who stop eating are 100% more likely to die...

All these studies are starting to piss me off.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread