Literally fall off the bone ribs.

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Use a whole slab of ribs, broil, grill or smoke them for a bit before cooking but that step isn't really necessary so skip it if you want.
Take your ribs, I used a slab of pork ribs here, and cut them into separate ribs.

Throw them in a pot.
Pour in a whole bottle of your favorite sauce..I used an 18 ounce size of Sweet Baby Ray's for this batch, but I have used Kraft garlic in the past and others and it came out fine.
Whatever works for you.
I like a red sauce, never tried a mustard base, but I assume it will work the same.

Fill with water enough to cover the ribs.
Bring to a boil and then turn it down to nice simmer...stir a few times as you bring it to a boil.
Do not cover.

Simmer for a few hours, it's gonna take at least 2 1/2 to 3 hours for a whole slab, and stir from time to time to keep it from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
You might want to leave the house for awhile.
In about 45 minutes the smell is going to start driving you crazy.

This is the important part...cook the whole thing down till there is no more water in the pot.
There will be a mess of sauce in the bottom, but no more water.
Just tip the pot if you are not sure because the water will be on top and will be red colored, but you will be able to tell.

When there is nothing left in the pot but ribs and sauce, you are done.

Now, grab some tongs and grab one end of a bone and pull out the rib.
Don't be surprised if all you pull out is a bone just as clean as the picture.
As a matter of fact, I guarantee you will not be able to pull out many bones with a speck of meat on them at all.
They are all gonna be that tender.

This process will actually infuse the sauce into the meat, not just coats it, then you have the sauce in the bottom to finish it off.
That's it.

I love grilled and smoked ribs, eat them at restaurants from time to time.
I have lived in two of the Bar-B-Que capitals of the country, after all.
This process, however, takes it to a new level.

If you like to gnaw your meat off a bone, well, this recipe is not for you.
The meat will just not stay on there.

Trust me, this is nothing like you have ever had before.
They never come off the grill this way, and restaurants won't serve them like this because people expect bones in their ribs.
Expect for that McDonalds rib sandwich, but I am not sure that can actually be considered real food.

Now you have my not-so-secret-anymore recipe.

Try it...You are gonna love it.

Attachments

• ribs 2.jpg
    ribs 2.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 181
  • ribs 1.jpg
    ribs 1.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Similar to the way my wife cooks baby backs.She also adds a bottle of teriaki to the pot.
You are right,the meats falls from the bone,but do TWO slabs!Never can have enough ribs!

OP
OP
digger27

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Similar to the way my wife cooks baby backs.She also adds a bottle of teriaki to the pot.
You are right,the meats falls from the bone,but do TWO slabs!Never can have enough ribs!

Tru Dat!

I didn't fight all the way up to the top of the food chain just to become a vegetarian.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread