Beans or No Beans in Chili

Chili - Do you like it with beans in it or not? If yes, what type do you use?

• Yes, Beans

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Beans

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
I actually prefer no beans however it helps to make the recipe go further by adding pinto and red chili beans.

buscadero

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Corpus Christi, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I concur 100% with Stoney! In Texas here, they not only dislike Beans in their Chili, but some don't add Tomatoes either. Just Chili Cut Meat, Spices, & Chiles.

Joe

OP
OP
M

MiniMe

buscadero said:
I concur 100% with Stoney! In Texas here, they not only dislike Beans in their Chili, but some don't add Tomatoes either. Just Chili Cut Meat, Spices, & Chiles.

Joe

Hum, no tomatoes either....interesting, what liquid do they use?

buscadero

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Corpus Christi, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Ooops! 2 oz. Animal Fat (Bacon Grease or Beef Suet) Remember, It can never cook too long! A Spoon should stand up in it!
You can add Chopped Onion, if desired too!

Joe

Casull

Jan 17, 2007
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Jim, I also like red kidney beans in my chili. They give more texture than the pinto or chili beans. Also like crackers. I say eat it the way you like. Can't stand when someone says "it can't be that way", like those that say "you never put ketchup on a hotdog". ;D

S

stefen

Try it with pineapples...

You get Hawaiian music ;D

OP
OP
M

MiniMe

buscadero said:
Ooops! 2 oz. Animal Fat (Bacon Grease or Beef Suet) Remember, It can never cook too long! A Spoon should stand up in it!
You can add Chopped Onion, if desired too!

Joe

Do you have a good recipe for this, I'd love to try it.

jglunt

Feb 15, 2005
On the big Muskegon River in W. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casull said:
I say eat it the way you like. Can't stand when someone says "it can't be that way", like those that say "you never put ketchup on a hotdog". ;D

Ease up there, Casull

I won't call the chili police if I see ya droppin a cracker in yours...but...ketchup on a hotdog, now that's a different matter.

Jim

OP
OP
M

MiniMe

Sorry, gotta say, I do the "ketchup on the hot dog", along with relish & onions. Don't shoot, LOL :D

AxeMan

Mar 10, 2007
Lombard, IL
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II
Beans, beans the magic fruit, the more you eat the more you toot, the more you toot the better you feel so eat beans at every meal ;D

You know what I voted for!

Red kidney beans

S

stefen

My vote is up in the air...so to speak ;D

Attachments

• ksmn892l.jpg
    ksmn892l.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 190

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
MiniMe said:
Sorry, gotta say, I do the "ketchup on the hot dog", along with relish & onions. Don't shoot, LOL :D

I'm with you Mini... and mustard. I'll use salsa instead of ketchup sometimes too.

T

TreasureTales

Without beans, but then it wouldn't be chili. It's my understanding that chili is the beans, while chili con carne is chili (beans) with meat. So wouldn't that mean that no beans means con carne only (without the chili BEANS)? Anyhow, I like it without beans, but then it is almost like a taco filling. Actually, I seldom make chili, perferring to make tacos or burritos instead. If I do make chili, pinto beans are better than kidney beans. An aside: I refuse to eat in Mexican restaurants because too many of them don't practice safe hygiene.

OP
OP
M

MiniMe

It was close, but seems most like beans in their Chili......those are the ones you want to stay in front of when walking with them the next day....LOL Thanks for your votes.

S

stefen

In all seriousness, we had chili this weekend and found that adding beans inceases the propensity for flatulance...with a burn on the outake.

Come on ice cream.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread