Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So many of you list peanut butter as a base for weird sandwiches, I wonder if everyone just hates peanut butter and adds the weird stuff to kill the taste? :D I don't think I have any weird food combinations after reading some of the posts, and I'll eat just about anything put before me. Guess that's why I have a weight problem? Ron White one of the "Blue Collar" comedians says his wife's cooking is terrible. He tells a story about his wife feeding the dog some leftovers. Being a dog and doing what dogs do naturally, the dog ate the leftovers and then was seen licking his bottom. His wife asked what that dog was doing and Ron White replied he was probably trying to get the taste out of his mouth! :P Monty

T

TreasureTales

Monty said:
So many of you list peanut butter as a base for weird sandwiches, I wonder if everyone just hates peanut butter and adds the weird stuff to kill the taste? :D I don't think I have any weird food combinations after reading some of the posts, and I'll eat just about anything put before me. Guess that's why I have a weight problem? Ron White one of the "Blue Collar" comedians says his wife's cooking is terrible. He tells a story about his wife feeding the dog some leftovers. Being a dog and doing what dogs do naturally, the dog ate the leftovers and then was seen licking his bottom. His wife asked what that dog was doing and Ron White replied he was probably trying to get the taste out of his mouth! :P Monty

;D ;D ;D So that's why dogs do that. Is Ron White still married? LOL

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
peanut butter and bacon sandies on white, rye is better (bacon must be cold and cooked) :P
i see a trend

Maryland Searcher

Mar 4, 2007
Maryland, Pennsylvania line
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT (New model)
How about a poor mans French Toast?

My wife takes peanut butter, puts it on toast, pours maple syrup over it and eats it. Not really strange except for the fact she says she cant stand "sweets"!

My strangest yet is canned octopus salad. Mix mayo and canned optopus (the kind that comes in sardine type cans) and add some celery , salt and pepper and put on toasted bread.

Before that it was the simple PB and bannanana sandwich.

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great thread! My fave:

Take a snack cracker (wheat thins, chicken in a biscuit, etc) put peanut butter on one and Philly cream cheese on another making a little sandwich. Add a slab of extra sharp cheddar cheese (Tillamook is the best) and we're talking nirvana!

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I couldn't think of one until I saw Immy's post.

Apple crisp with sharp cheddar cheese. Yum.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A big bowl of popcorn and each one covered with peanut butter.
Scott

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like to mix peanut butter and applebutter together and eat it on toast. I also like to mix peanut butter with ice cream.

Huntin' 59er

cuddles17981

Oct 3, 2005
Schuylkill County,PA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Garrett 250, Bounty Hunter
gypsyheart said:
Peanut butter,mayo and banana on white bread
I met my hubby when I was 15(34 now).. He lived in Florida for a few years before moving back to PA.. The first time I saw him cut up a bananna and smear mayo all over the bread and put those slices on the mayo and bread- :o I remember the day he handed me a "big 'ol cow tounge" at the meat section.. "my mom made the best pickled cow tounge",he said.. I replied ,"good hun , I'm sure you two will enjoy that special mother-son time together"... :P Tripe...cant do it.. maybe its just the texture.. I don't know..lol

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
no ketchup on my french fries or hamburger....thousand island dressing instead.
scrambled eggs+maple syrup
potato chips on a tuna sandwich
.....as a kid it was bread+butter+sugar..........yucko now :)

SwampHunter

Mar 6, 2007
Samuel Watson's Old Place
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Tesoro Silver uMax, Fisher 1265X, Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pointer
I was a Housing Sgt. for 3 years in a prison. One night I didn't have time to fix my lunch so I figured I would get something at the unit off the chow line. We were bad shorthanded that night. At chow a huge fight went down and one of my officers from my housing unit was shanked. He had to leave the compound so that put us down to two in the housing unit. We were put on alert and locked the compound down and no officers could leave the housing unit. The warden was there or I would have sent my officer to get me something. Utility was stuck in a housing so they couldn't make rounds and bring anything. About midnight I was bad hungry.
I was making rounds and went into one of the pods. A few of the "good" inmates were making a spread. A spread is where you take whatever food you have and mix it all together in a clean garbage bag. On the menu was Ramen Noodles, Sardines in hot sauce, Jalapeno cheese spread, peanut butter and Flaming Hot Cheetos. I stopped by their table to talk to them about the fight earlier and my stomach growled. They all asked if I wanted something to eat. Normally I would have said no and moved on, but given the circumstances and these being inmates that never gave me any trouble, always helped out even in fights and they were clean I told them to hook me up. They fixed me a bowl and gave me a couple of pieces of bread. I know I was hungry, but this stuff was GOOD! In fact so good that I fix it at home.

I have eaten Ramen Noodles mixed with the main entrees and cheese from MREs, but never thought about using peanut butter.
Ramen Noodles and peanut butter mixes with with alot of foods. I like the hot stuff mixed with peanut butter and Ramen Noodles.

Also one time duck hunting I ate Sardines in hot sauce on a honey bun. That is good stuff too.

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
Don't have many lady friends and this could be why. my fave is Vidalia onions cut thin on white bread with yellow mustard. Throw on a dash of coarse ground pepper and it's terrific.
grizzly bare

OP
OP
T

treasurejack

SwampHunter said:
I was a Housing Sgt. for 3 years in a prison. One night I didn't have time to fix my lunch so I figured I would get something at the unit off the chow line. We were bad shorthanded that night. At chow a huge fight went down and one of my officers from my housing unit was shanked. He had to leave the compound so that put us down to two in the housing unit. We were put on alert and locked the compound down and no officers could leave the housing unit. The warden was there or I would have sent my officer to get me something. Utility was stuck in a housing so they couldn't make rounds and bring anything. About midnight I was bad hungry.
I was making rounds and went into one of the pods. A few of the "good" inmates were making a spread. A spread is where you take whatever food you have and mix it all together in a clean garbage bag. On the menu was Ramen Noodles, Sardines in hot sauce, Jalapeno cheese spread, peanut butter and Flaming Hot Cheetos. I stopped by their table to talk to them about the fight earlier and my stomach growled. They all asked if I wanted something to eat. Normally I would have said no and moved on, but given the circumstances and these being inmates that never gave me any trouble, always helped out even in fights and they were clean I told them to hook me up. They fixed me a bowl and gave me a couple of pieces of bread. I know I was hungry, but this stuff was GOOD! In fact so good that I fix it at home.

I have eaten Ramen Noodles mixed with the main entrees and cheese from MREs, but never thought about using peanut butter.
Ramen Noodles and peanut butter mixes with with alot of foods. I like the hot stuff mixed with peanut butter and Ramen Noodles.

Also one time duck hunting I ate Sardines in hot sauce on a honey bun. That is good stuff too.

"On the menu was Ramen Noodles, Sardines in hot sauce, Jalapeno cheese spread, peanut butter and Flaming Hot Cheetos." And you lived? lol

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Made me think of how I like to do chicken.....slice up chicken breasts and fry as normal....just before done...reduce to simmer and add 1/2 cup peanut butter ,minced onion and a little garlic.....stirring to make creamy peanut sauce.....when done ....sprinkle with tobasco sauce.....yumyum

OP
OP
T

treasurejack

gypsyheart said:
Made me think of how I like to do chicken.....slice up chicken breasts and fry as normal....just before done...reduce to simmer and add 1/2 cup peanut butter ,minced onion and a little garlic.....stirring to make creamy peanut sauce.....when done ....sprinkle with tobasco sauce.....yumyum

Now your's sounds good.....but with sardines! If I ate that same garbage bag feast it would put a new meaning to, "feeding the boiler!" lol

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Never got up the nerve to try this one, but back in the days when a neighborhood grocer or country store would still sell luncheon meats and cheese by the slice, there were folks who would peel apart a Moon Pie and slap a nickel's worth of bologna in between. :P

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread