There is a New Secret Ingredient in Your Burgers: Wood Pulp.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On Monday, Quartz published an article by Devin Cohen titled, There is a Secret Ingredient in Your Burgers: Wood Pulp. Given the headline and people’s already present suspicion regarding all of the shady and potentially dangerous ingredients hidden in food items, the article gained a lot of traction. In subsequent days, most journalists and bloggers have focused on the dangers of this additive (unclear) and whether or not it is pervasive throughout the food chain as opposed to just fast food (it appears to be).

How Fast Food Providers Beat Inflation - Add Wood Pulp To Burgers | Zero Hedge

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
I don’t under stand why McDonalds’ gets blamed for everything...I have traveled this country from coast to coast...the only thing you can count on is the food at McDonald’s being the same...Yes I have eaten better food elsewhere but when I come into any town I know what I am going to get at McDonalds’..Art

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don’t under stand why McDonalds’ gets blamed for everything...I have traveled this country from coast to coast...the only thing you can count on is the food at McDonald’s being the same...Yes I have eaten better food elsewhere but when I come into any town I know what I am going to get at McDonalds’..Art

the only things I ever eat at Mick-D's is their Burgers & fries,
\although they tasted OK to me

when I have a choice I prefer Burger Kings.

Mcdoogles burgers are a bit more Pressed then BK's like they are trying to squeeze the juice out,
& Mickeey'D's Fries are thinner & Harder then I like also.

as for content I only go By what I read, but to be Honest...
they can't scare me. they could add Dog , rat or Cat & If I'm hungry, i'll still stop.

If it were really Dangerous, they would Not risk the Law suits.

I doubt we'll ever see their sign say
OVER ONE BILLION SUED US

Last edited:

2screwed

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Cellulose has been used in food for years. Trees are just one of many plants it is made from. Like your grated Parmesan cheese that comes in the shaker jar? You can enjoy that convenience because of powdered cellulose. Like your light and airy ice cream and whipped toppings? Thank cellulose. The list goes on and on.

Cellulose Definition - Common Food Additives

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread