Whats on the menu tonight?

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I hate to say this but it is those little ants. They are getting into everything. Hay they even like my French roast coffee, and they don't add a bit of flavor. Frank...-
111-2 700Warrior Head.jpg

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My daughter and her husband made a huge homemade lasagna yesterday. She made the pasta with wheat flour. Quite different. We all loved it; except the son-in-law. He didn't care for the wheat pasta. After 6 of us ate yesterday, I got back into it today for lunch. Still almost half of it left. I'll bet a dollar to the proverbial donut that there's not any of it thrown away! Man, that is good. Also had a 'salad' they made. Red leaf lettuce, cucumber, squash, carrot, and broccoli mixed together. We each added our favorite dressing to it. After it was all done, the daughter, feeling better than she has in several years, even washed most of the dishes! The boys, my son and grandson, finished the cleaning. I got out of all of it! When I had finished eating yesterday, I just came back to my bedroom and laid down for a short siesta that lasted almost an hour.
I believe the menu tomorrow is 'beanie weenies'; homemade of course. lol

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
You dont want to ever cook lasagne for me:laughing9:I'll demolish the pan in short order,i dont care how big the pan is.even the big frozen lasagnes arent safe,I'll sit down and eat the whole thing.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You dont want to ever cook lasagne for me:laughing9:I'll demolish the pan in short order,i dont care how big the pan is.even the big frozen lasagnes arent safe,I'll sit down and eat the whole thing.

If we ever go camping together we'll make campfire lasagna.... better bring your sidearm Red!

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm making a repeat of last nights menu so the left over chicken breasts dont go bad.Most likely no work tomorrow,its suppose to rain like hell.So,there a remainder of the bottle of rye to kill off.I only drank a pint of it lastnight,1 pint to go:laughing7:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I baked orange chicken tonite and made chicken rice. For the rice I use 2 cups of rice mixed with 1 can of chicken soup+ enough water to make 2 cups of liquid with the soup. Got to fight Blue for it,lol.
Frank...-
Blue 1212.jpg I always get my half!

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3 or 4lbs of boiled crawfish and a stuffed artichoke.
And a couple Dos Equis XX.
Not a big beer drinker, but coke or 7-up don't work.
Ray

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I intended to get into the 'beanie weenies' that were cooked late yesterday for lunch today. Instead, daughter, on the intercom, told me that chicken was ready?? Yeah, son-in-law did one of his spice mixes in one bowl, egg and milk in another bowl; then dipped the boneless, skinless chicken breasts in the egg/milk, the rolled it in the spice mixture (don't know what it was he through together, but it was great!0, and deep fried them in peanut oil. Had green peas and a garden salad to go with them. Can't believe I ate that much!! Well, I know I'm through eating for today! Maybe a whiskey/cola after while before bedtime.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight it was Milkfish, and Lumpia with mixture of wild rice and brown rice from rice cooker and mixed veggies...

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight it was Milkfish, and Lumpia with mixture of wild rice and brown rice from rice cooker and mixed veggies...
TH, you know lumpia. Do you know gilly-gilly? Philippino cooks in the Navy fixed it all the time. Many moons ago. I've asked many. Seems if I remember right, it was smothered chicken livers perhaps marinated in L&P and onions, over rice. Anyone familiar?
Ray

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1/2 lb deer burger with lettuce, and tomato. home made curly fries with a diet coke.

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pork chops on the grill with parsely potatos in foil and corn on the cob...chased with "sapling" Vt. made maple bourban.....Gary

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TH, you know lumpia. Do you know gilly-gilly? Philippino cooks in the Navy fixed it all the time. Many moons ago. I've asked many. Seems if I remember right, it was smothered chicken livers perhaps marinated in L&P and onions, over rice. Anyone familiar?
Ray
Yes I do, I have it every couple weeks..... My wife is Filipino, our diet is primarily Filipino/Asian...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know what I'm having...it's only 4:51!:laughing7:

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm having my left over stir fry,never waste food.There might come a day when you wish you had it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread