Wheres the Ham?

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Where's the Ham?

If you have been reading the replies regarding my Country Ham you will no doubt arrive at the conclusion , as I have, that Gypsy is just downright jealous. So jealous in fact, she has tried to downplay my enticing achievement and attempted to use scare tactics so that I would not eat any more of the ham. Thus, she would achieve the enjoyment of knowing that, since she couldn't have any, I wouldn't have any.

Well, here's where some of that ham went. Into a crock pot with navy and lima beans and onions...slow cooked overnight, turned off for 8 hours, and then reheated so that the exquisite flavors would fully inter-twine into a culinary delight!

Ham & Beans.JPG

Why I do declare, I believe I see a slice of that dreaded piece of protein floating in the middle of those beans! I think I'm gonna make me some cornbread and have me a bowl of Ham & Beans ::)

eat your heart out Gypsy! ;D

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Re: Where's the Ham?

Hmmmmmm

I dont want to judge your cooking or eating habits Wes so we will just take a poll here ......

Legs from people who eat ham that hung from ceiling for two years

or

Legs from people who do not eat HAM hung from ceilings

Attachments

• Ham poisoning Wes\'s Leg.jpg
    Ham poisoning Wes\'s Leg.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 228
  • vacation 2006 2.JPG
    vacation 2006 2.JPG
    10 KB · Views: 206
OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202

I agree only if those are YOUR legs Gypsy...and the poll will rule ;)

bean man

Sep 2, 2006
Central Iowa

:D :D Sorry Wes, not to make fun of your leg, but that was funny. Wes, I hope you slow cooked that, at a very high temperature. :D

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

bean man said:
:D :D Sorry Wes, not to make fun of your leg, but that was funny. Wes, I hope you slow cooked that, at a very high temperature. :D

Slow cooked is right....two years worth :D :D .....Tennessee in the summer...ceiling must get about 150 degrees.....hahahahaha.....

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202

Gypsy, Gypsy,

It's obvious you have no sense of true competition! You've backed out because you posted someone else's leg! And I even gave you the opportunity to share the picture only with me. Tsk, Tsk!

Just in case you change your mind, I am now about to reveal the "true" leg that was hidden under all those ace bandages and dressings. I've even gone so far as to point out one of the surgical entry points and allowed the only, and I do mean only, tatoo with that design be shown (which, by the way, happens to be located on my left leg).

Best Leg.JPG

LET THE VOTING BEGIN!

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

Thought I could tell this better using pictures

Note to Wes......
Notice in my kitchen photo there is no Ham hanging from the ceiling.

But wait ...Look...there seems to be a special little stone house set up that has...you guessed it ....Hams hanging from the ceiling

A place for everything Wes and everything in its place....
Next weeks lesson we will review:

1. Sock Drawer 101, One Use and One Use only
2. The Dangers of using your Dryer for a Potato Bin

Attachments

• kitchen.jpg
    kitchen.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 215
  • SMOKEHOUSEs.jpg
    SMOKEHOUSEs.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 209
  • hams hanging from SMOKEHOUSE.jpg
    hams hanging from SMOKEHOUSE.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 166
OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202

I can see there is no way I'm gonna win this "discussion" Gypsy. My leg concedes to the lady with the absolutely awesome kitchen! :(

My kitchen.JPG

As can be seen, there's no way my paltry"grub makin place" doesn't come close to a level as yours. :(

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202

Sorry CG; what you see shaved is ALL you're gonna see shaved.

Too late Don...that one's been on a few times already. Thanks for the vote...and yes...that's what I'm having for lunch! Raining and 57 here and a perfect day for a big ol' bowl of beans with some ham!

Gypsy: I tried to concede and I got one vote and even with that, how many votes do I see for Gypsy Leg? ::)

So maybe a fantastic kitchen doesn't win all the time...Hmmmm?

M

MiniMe

wesfrye53 said:
I can see there is no way I'm gonna win this "discussion" Gypsy. My leg concedes to the lady with the absolutely awesome kitchen! :(

As can be seen, there's no way my paltry"grub makin place" doesn't come close to a level as yours. :(

You two are funny. Remember Wes, Nice kitchen's don't make the cook. It's the cook that brings out the beauty in a kitchen. LOL

Bluezman

Apr 2, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage

I ran across this: http://waltonfeed.com/old/ham.html and thought of this post.
Please, don't kill the messenger. I submit this for educational purposes only. All information to be used at your own risk. And in general, I take no responsibility for any food poisoning that may occur. On the other hand if I were ever offered a chunk of 3yr. old cured ham, I would take it and put it into a pot of soup, butter beans or lentils, and eat it in a heartbeat. Bluezman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread