Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Mar 2007
    SE Iowa
    Prizm III

Cornbread Hamburger buns

My wife's aunt was in Texas a while back and ate at Barney's Beanery. She loved the homemade cornbread hamburger buns there. Does anyone have a close recipe that they would be willing to share so I can surprise her on her birthday? Thanks, Frosty.

us
    Dec 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
    2 times

Re: Cornbread Hamburger buns

frostytiger, I did a search but didn't come up with anything that sounds like your wanting. Maybe someone else can help you. That would be a sweet surprise for your wife's birthday.
    ...Wait a minute....just slow down.... you're gonna miss this....you're gonna want this back.....

Mar 2007
    SE Iowa
    Prizm III

Quote Originally Posted by Pepper2004
    frostytiger, I did a search but didn't come up with anything that sounds like your wanting. Maybe someone else can help you. That would be a sweet surprise for your wife's birthday.
    Thanks, Pepper, Yeah, I couldn't find anything on the net either, that's why I asked the T-Netters for help. I made a mistake, it's Barnaby's Beanery instead of Barney's, sorry!!

Frosty

us
    Apr 2005
    76 times

Golden Cornmeal Yeast Buns
    2 cups milk 1/2 cup butter
    1/2 cup sugar 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
    1 teaspoon salt 5 cups all purpose flour
    2 (.25) packages yeast 3 eggs
    1/2 cup warm water(110 degreees)
    In a saucepan combine milk,butter, cornmeal, salt. Cook and stir until butter is melted. In mixing bowl combine water,yeast,3 cups flour,milk mixture, and beat. Add eggs,stir. Add enough flour to form a soft dough(sticky).Knead on heavily floured surface. Let rise in warm place 1 hour.Divide into 4 portions. Divide each portion into 6 sections.With floured hands shape into buns.Place on grease baking sheet,let rise 40 minutes.Bake at 350 for 18-22 minutes.When golden brown remove to wire racks to cool.

us
    Wes

Apr 2007
    Springfield, TN
    Bounty Hunter 202

Frosty's question got my attention and I'm sure glad Rockhound posted a recipe. I gotta try this!
    Look not mournfully into the past, it comes not back again. Wisely improve the present, it is thine. Go forth to meet the shadowy future without fear and with a manly heart.

- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Mar 2007
    SE Iowa
    Prizm III

Quote Originally Posted by rockhound
    Golden Cornmeal Yeast Buns
    2 cups milk 1/2 cup butter
    1/2 cup sugar 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
    1 teaspoon salt 5 cups all purpose flour
    2 (.25) packages yeast 3 eggs
    1/2 cup warm water(110 degreees)
    In a saucepan combine milk,butter, cornmeal, salt. Cook and stir until butter is melted. In mixing bowl combine water,yeast,3 cups flour,milk mixture, and beat. Add eggs,stir. Add enough flour to form a soft dough(sticky).Knead on heavily floured surface. Let rise in warm place 1 hour.Divide into 4 portions. Divide each portion into 6 sections.With floured hands shape into buns.Place on grease baking sheet,let rise 40 minutes.Bake at 350 for 18-22 minutes.When golden brown remove to wire racks to cool.

Thanks, Rockhound, I'm going to try this recipe when I can dig my grill out from all the white stuff floating around. lol

Frosty

Sponsors