Venison Puffs

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Since Venison seems to be the meat we always seem to have the most of ......

10 thinly sliced tenderloin medallions

10 thin slices of green or red tomatoes

2 slices of American cheese (quartered to make 10 pieces)

1 egg, slightly beaten with 1/8 cup of cold water

Seasoned with garlic and salt to taste

Spicy brown mustard

1 tablespoon oil or shortening

2 ten-count cans biscuits

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly season the tenderloin with seasoned salt, and fry it quickly in the oil or shortening. Set aside on paper towels to drain. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the canned biscuits as thin as possible. Place one slice each of venison, onion, tomato and cheese onto a biscuit. Top with another piece of dough, and press the edges together with the tines of a fork. Brush the tops of each venison puff with the egg mixture; then sprinkle them lightly with seasoned salt. Bake until the biscuits are golden brown. When they're done, top each one with spicy brown mustard

HELPFUL HINTS: Make up a batch of these the night before, and store them in the refrigerator until you get home from work . . . supper in about 15 minutes! Venison Puffs can also be baked on the grill. Most gas grills have dual flames, so light the left side only and set the control on low. Place the pan on the highest rack of the right side. It's just like putting them into an oven. Great for camping trips! For a little variety, try experimenting with different types of dough and other types of cheese.

E59

Feb 28, 2005
On the river bank
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This sounds really good Gyps! I love new ways to use venison that doesn't involve burger. I don't really enjoy cooking but this board has an abundance of good quick recipes. I really think we should make a "Best of Tnet cookbook", it would be a hit with men and women.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread