mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
scotch eggs is one of my families faves!! It's an old recipe, & good for snacks or a meal. here ya go.

350 oven

1 doz eggs, hard boiled & peeled
1 lb bulk breakfast sausage
bread crumbs, I like progresso italian

dry eggs off so sausage will stick to them take a handfull of sausage & place between 2 sheets of plastic wrap, roll out flat to about 1/4 to 1/2 " wrap around egg. do this w/ all the eggs. place bread crumbs on plate & roll sausage covered eggs to coat thoroughly. place on cookie sheet and bake til sausage is done. 10 to 15 minutes. you can serve hot, or refridgerate & eat cold. I cut them in halves, but they are usually gone before they get cold.
Hope you like them!

E59

Feb 28, 2005
On the river bank
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've never had one but I bet my meatloaf recipe would be good on them. I know it's a weird one but I'm kinda frugal!
1 lb ground chuck, I use 80/20
1 lb gound pork or venison
1/2 sleeve rectangular butter crackers, crushed (can't remember name, think they might be keebler)
1 whole egg
1 tsp dried onion
saved up condiment packages such as sweet n sour from McD's, chinese restaurants, culvers, etc. I throw them all in equal to about 1/2 cup. If you don't save these use bottled sweet n sour or mix 1/4 cup ketchup with 1/8 cup maple syrup, 1 tbsp brown sugar, 1 tbsp mustard.
salt and pepper
1 dozen boiled eggs
panko or other bread crumbs.

Preheat oven to 350. In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients except eggs and bread crumbs. Cover each boiled egg with meat mixture and and roll in panko. Bake them until done. If they don't turn out crispy I think you could deep fry them after they have baked. The meatloaf recipe I make comes out very rich because I don't use crumbs or saltines. I've always had good response to it so I think it would taste good on eggs. I think I'll try this next time I make one!

OP
OP
FlatCat

FlatCat

Feb 23, 2008
Palm Bay, Florida, USA
Detector(s) used
White's
Thanks, I'm going to try both those recipes. I've tried a couple scotch egg recipes off the 'net and they never turned out right. Dunno why. Hopefully I'll have better luck with yours, mamabear, it is a very simple recipe.

The meatloaf sounds good, too Sara.

Thanks! :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread