FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Forts, Camps & Batteries of Pennsylvania

I finally finished rewriting this book and filling in the majority of the blank spaces from the previous book that was written in 1994. It will be available at Kellyco for about $18.00. It's 48 pages and there ought to be a few of them that are still virgin sites. I'm not from Pennsylvania but researched the sites from National Archive microfilm. I give you a couple of sources that you can buy off eBay that will give you more sites to hunt then you'll ever have time for. Good luck and keep us informed what you find, you don't have to disclose the location. I'd like to know if my books are helping anyone.
Other books available at Kellyco Metal Detectors:
Forts, Camps & Batteries of Ohio
Forts, Camps & Batteries of Georgia
Forts, Camps & Batteries of Tennessee
Forts, Camps & Batteries of Florida
Where to Metal Detect in Central Florida
Where to Metal Detect in South Florida

Next project: Rewrite Forts, Camps & Batteries of Florida and write a information book of Fort sites listed in Hamersly's Army Register. I have one of 3 known copies that has Forts, Camps and Artillery Battery sites all over the United States.

Harry Rainey, Jr.

Joshbiz

May 2, 2014
Sugar Hill, GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Mr Rainey,
I hope your doing well this New Year!!
I am looking for your book on forts in Ga and I found it on one site (Kellyco) But they wanted 13$ in shipping plus the cost of the book.
By any chance do you sell the book yourself?
Since I am from NY and now been in GA for 8 years and trying to find out about the past and having a little trouble trying to find good areas to hunt in North east Ga.
Do you have any hints or ideas on how I can look up great hunting location? I am sure your book is a great start that's why I am writing to you.
Thank you again for any help you can give me,
Josh

OP
OP
FLauthor

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Forts, Camps & Batteries Series

These are the books title I've written and sold through Kellyco. That was yesterday. I have found a publisher and I have a partner now that took my latest book Forts, Camps & Batteries of Virginia and made it sing. In the same month, we rereleased Forts, Camps & Batteries of Ohio and she made that one sing too. Next inline is Pennsylvania. Continue reading for instructions below:

Forts, Camps & Batteries of Ohio - Rereleased in April 2017
Forts, Camps & Batteries of Virginia - New, released April 2017
Forts, Camps & Batteries of Pennsylvania - next for rereleased, go to Facebook, friend Victoria Rhine for date.
Forts, Camps & Batteries of North & South Carolina - next New book coming out.
Forts, Camps & Batteries of Georgia - Out of Print
Forts, Camps & Batteries of Tennessee - Out of Print
Forts, Camps & Batteries of Florida - Out of print
Where to Metal Detect in Central Florida - Out of print
Where to Metal Detect in South Florida -Out of print
Forts, Camps & Batteries of Kentucky - Research in progress, 2018 release, I hope.

Go to Facebook and friend Victoria Rhine and you will see the current books that have been rewritten. I will tell you right now, due to publishing costs, each book is $33. $28 for the book and $5 shipping. The new books are thicker with detailed maps. You will still have to do research. Remember it took Mel Fisher 16 years to find the Atocha and it will take time to find your honey hole to. I already had one report that one fort was 500 yards from a Relic Hunters front door, never knew it was there.

Fl Author

Last edited:
OP
OP
FLauthor

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Go to Facebook and type in FORGOTTEN BOOKS for the Metal Detectorists, scroll down the list to Chatham Artillery, #5 on the list. you will find more sites than you can handle. Sorry for the delay in answering. I check notifications at the top.

OP
OP
FLauthor

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Currently those books are old and are now out of print but they are being rewritten. Go to Facebook and friend Victoria Rhine, she is my partner and the Pennsylvania book has been redone. You can view the rereleased book on Ohio and that will be how Pennsylvania will turn out. More sites than the original and being expertly published now. Good luck.
Sorry for the delay in answering, usually I only check notifications and not the individual listing.

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How far back do the locations in PA date to?

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I own a couple of your Florida books
4 days of gold -