Clive Cussler fans

mgdigger

Jan 31, 2004
Los Osos, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 and ACE 250
i agree it was disapointing. Ok if you havent read the book, but as a Cussler fan I wanted more. My favoirte book is Night Probe.

Sea Hunter

Greenie
Sep 14, 2005
I started reading Sahara but lost interest half way through.

My favourite cusler book is Raise The Titanic. I first read it back in 1979 before the real Titanic was discovered, so the book was full of possibilities back then. Night Probe is also good.

Stirling N5PIP

Aug 7, 2005
Daytona Beach, Fl.
I have all of Clive Cussler's books. When the movie version of "Raise The Titanic" was released Clive was not a happy camper with Hollywoods "creative editing". Can't say that I blamed him. The movie was a turkey.

HH,
Stirling, N5PIP
Daytona Beach

Daryl Friesen

Mar 21, 2003
Vancouver,British Columbia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Hello,

I would have to say from my own Clive Cussler reading experince that my favorite book of his had to have been Inca Gold. If you have not read it I would give it a shot. It takes you from the jungles of Peru and then into the underground world of antique smuggling and then finally into a secret Inca treasure cavern in Baja Mexico. But you have to go there via an underground river. Its a great adventure read and I bet its the next one they make into a movie. Its much better than Sahara which I thought was a way better book than a movie. Lets face it that movie sucked, I hate action/adventure movies that make treasure hunting look so easy and so glamourous. In reality we no thats not the way it is. Its much more like The treasrure of the Sierra Madre now thats a great treasure movie and an even better treasure book. Long live B traven. ;)

Daryl Friesen
Spindle Explorations
www.bc-alter.net/dfriesen

Crutch

Sep 1, 2005
Springfield Tennessee
Detector(s) used
DFX / Eagle II SL 90
Ditto, although I got tired of holding my breath in that cave. He has a way of painting a mental picture that sticks.

Heavy Chevy

Jun 18, 2005
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV and others
Thought i would give this topic another boost.

The only CC book i have read is Cyclops.I heard he was a good author.
My being a big Bermuda Triangle buff lead me to purchase this book about one of the greatest disappearances of the sea.
Well the book is named Cyclops after the very large US Naval vessel that vanished without a trace in 1918.The ship is mentioned in about 10 pages and that is all. The rest of the book is drivel about Dirk Pitt. What little bit of info about the Cyclops appears to have been lifted almost word for word from several Bermuda Triangle books from the 1970's.
I sure expected better.

Just my 2 centavos,

Mike in SC

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Any one have, "The Sea Hunters II", at home?

Started reading it and now I just cannot seem to
go on.

For those that don't follow Cussler, The Sea Hunters
is not one of his fictions books, should be fact.
SHOULD BE FACT.

Unless I am wrong, the first story, "L'Aimable" is way
off base. Deals with Rene-Robert Cavelier de La Salle.

Anyone catch the error on this, or what I think is an
error? Not a small one, deals with Tonty, or Tonti.

My history tells me that Henri de Tonti
was not with the expedition at the time;
he was in the Illinois area somewhere along what
is now the Illinois river.

Tonti was with LaSalle on the first descent of the
Mississippi river, not with him when he tried
to ascend, on a second expedition, from the Gulf of Mexico.
I think?

Anyone read this book?

all have a good un......

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I am a confirmed CC fan and his books are a way to live in your imagination, and Dirks escapades, by the way the movie Sahara, sucked!! I mean, come on, Mathew McConaghey as Dirk Pitt, I don't think so.

funkman

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2006
Middletown, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Ace 250
Snake,

I have Sahara in hard cover and I think I have Sea Hunters either 1 or 2 in hard cover. How can I tell if it is a first edition. The only copyright I see for Sahara is 1992. I would think if it was another edition it would say so.

Let me know either here or PM me.

Funkman

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have not read all of his books but I have read quite a few. I like to leave a few for when I really need a good book after I read a few duds in a row. I really enjoy the Dirk Pitt stories and I just started reading his new series written with his son about the Oregon Files. The Oregon is a high tech covert operations ship that is set up as a private organization of ex-military. The do black ops for the U.S government and private clients. I'm in the middle of Dark Watch now. They are alright but I still like the Dirk Pitt series better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread