Free NY Times Articles 1851-Present
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2007
    Tennessee
    White's MXT Sunray DX-1 Falcon MD20 Garrett Seahunter Mark II
    70 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Free NY Times Articles 1851-Present

I don't know how many times I've done a search for something and found what looks like an interesting article only to find out that the newspaper is charging for it. Well, apparently the NY Times has thousands of articles available for free. I have not yet figured out a way to search their site to only list the free items. It looks like everything prior to 1923 is on the free list though. I know it can be very time consuming to scroll through this lists of articles but maybe someone can find something of use. Just click on the year you are interested in and have fun!

http://spiderbites.nytimes.com/
    The creeks are all cowards and run underground and whiskey is so scarce that you canít use it to wet down dry jokes. ĖThe Irish Lord 1897

us
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits."~Albert Einstein

Jan 2007
    Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
    389 times

Re: Free NY Times Articles 1851-Present

Thanks for your post. Places like these are where one can find those little leads to "virgin" hunt sites and treasure leads.
    "Dobie created the HUNGER............Von Mueller said, EAT". comment by HELM Associates on the dedication page of their book, Treaasure Lead Generation.

Nov 2007
    ,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
    2764 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Great site thanks!!
    M.X.T , Tesoro Tejon

Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2007
    Tennessee
    70 times

I glad that you liked that link. Here's another great site for newspaper article research.
    http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/search/pages/
    The creeks are all cowards and run underground and whiskey is so scarce that you canít use it to wet down dry jokes. ĖThe Irish Lord 1897

se
    Aug 2008
    UmeŚ
    1 times

Is there a way to search the NY Times articles? It will take a while to browse through them one by one.
    The second link you posted is awesome! A search for treasure in articles published between 1880-1922 returned 454,032 results
    Online Treasure Map
    Tresuri.com
    Gold Prospecting and Panning Tips
    OperationGold.com

Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2007
    Tennessee
    70 times

Quote Originally Posted by DanielWestman
    Is there a way to search the NY Times articles?
    It's been a while since I looked thru the ny times site. You could try searching with the advanced search tool at http://query.nytimes.com/search/alte...ry=&st=fromcse .
    There are not too many options but you can at least change the order displayed. The oldest ones should be free.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links