Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Sunray DX-1
Falcon MD20
Garrett Seahunter Mark II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know how many times I've done a search for something and found what looks like an interesting article only to find out that the newspaper is charging for it. Well, apparently the NY Times has thousands of articles available for free. I have not yet figured out a way to search their site to only list the free items. It looks like everything prior to 1923 is on the free list though. I know it can be very time consuming to scroll through this lists of articles but maybe someone can find something of use. Just click on the year you are interested in and have fun!

http://spiderbites.nytimes.com/

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for your post. Places like these are where one can find those little leads to "virgin" hunt sites and treasure leads.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great site thanks!!

DanielWestman

Aug 15, 2008
Umeå
Is there a way to search the NY Times articles? It will take a while to browse through them one by one.
The second link you posted is awesome! A search for treasure in articles published between 1880-1922 returned 454,032 results :o

OP
OP
auferret

auferret

Sep 25, 2007
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Sunray DX-1
Falcon MD20
Garrett Seahunter Mark II
Primary Interest: