Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sep 2007
    Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
    Fisher F75 LTD
    2 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Re: The Poor Man's Treasure Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by jgtrev
    Hey Bryan, thanks for the kind words, not sure if you knew or not, but he also did a TV show called "Treasure Search" He did them in the late 80s-early 90's about 15 episodes or so. Had Chuck Connors as host (real nice guy, signed the butt stock of my BB gun when I was little), and after Chuck died, Bob Denver was host. Thought it was funny that you had Giligan as your picture. The shows never really took off, and they are real hard to come by, I did a web search and couldn't find anything.

That is amazing. I live in Goldsboro, NC and work at Seymour Johnson AFB. I am originally from Minnesota. I drove to MN one time on leave. I pass right through Princeton, WV, and I recalled hearing that Bob Denver lived there. So I stopped in a gas station and asked if it was true that he still lived there. They gave me directions to his home and I drove up in the holler and found it. I took a couple of pics. I always loved to watch the old Gilligan shows when I was growing up, so to me it was pretty cool. I would love to see some of those episodes your dad made. What part of the US do you live in? Do you detect? What kind of machine do you use? Thanks, Bryan

us
    Random chance seems to have operated in our favor

Oct 2004
    Oklahoma
    4 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Hey Bryan, thanks for the kind words, not sure if you knew or not, but he also did a TV show called "Treasure Search" He did them in the late 80s-early 90's about 15 episodes or so. Had Chuck Connors as host (real nice guy, signed the butt stock of my BB gun when I was little), and after Chuck died, Bob Denver was host. Thought it was funny that you had Giligan as your picture. The shows never really took off, and they are real hard to come by, I did a web search and couldn't find anything.
    Jeff, FYI I've got two copies of the book, just in case one gets too wore out. Also I see the VHS tapes show up on Ebay once in a while. At one time,a few years back, they were broadcasting the shows on PBS--kept trying to video tape the show but they kept playing only about 3 of the shows over and over. I believe it was gold panning, dinosauer bones, and Indian artifacts.

us
    Jun 2008

Bryan,

I live on the eastern shore of maryland, I have detected a few times in the last couple of years, mostly at the beach in ocean city maryland, with my grandfather, but he doesn't go out too much anymore either. I was thinking about joining a club here on the eastern shore, so we'll see how it pans out.

Jeff

us
    My goal for 2012 is a dozen Walking Liberty Halves

Sep 2004
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
    31 times

What ever happened to Zumbro kid . I do miss him and his posts.
    I Dig Everything...Even Pull Tabs.

Sep 2007
    Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
    Fisher F75 LTD
    2 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Bryan,

I live on the eastern shore of maryland, I have detected a few times in the last couple of years, mostly at the beach in ocean city maryland, with my grandfather, but he doesn't go out too much anymore either. I was thinking about joining a club here on the eastern shore, so we'll see how it pans out.

Jeff

Well, thanks for the responses to my post, it is nice to speak with you. Good luck with your detecting and I appreciate the update on Bob and Frank. They truly wrote an interesting book that played an important part in my enjoyment of the hobby of metal detecting, no doubt. Bryan

us
    IT COULD BE A VALUABLE PRIZE "YOU NEVER KNOW"

Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    ** I use only top name brand detectors *****
    1413 times
    ANY TYPE OF TREASURE HUNTING THAT PUTS MONEY IN MY POCKET

I hate to hear that about bob i have a few books and a few tapes of his TV show that i have been watching for about 17 years..I still watch them i watched two only last week...The Coin Hunters..&...Diamonds in the surf..I put them on DVD...Sorry about your dad he did not look that old..I always wondered what happened to..Bob & Frank...............
    ".. Let no one know what , when , or where .."

Sep 2007
    Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
    Fisher F75 LTD
    2 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Gadabout - Jim
    I hate to hear that about bob i have a few books and a few tapes of his TV show that i have been watching for about 17 years..I still watch them i watched two only last week...The Coin Hunters..&...Diamonds in the surf..I put them on DVD...Sorry about your dad he did not look that old..I always wondered what happened to..Bob & Frank...............

We just moved and are unpacking. There on a stack of our books was my book, The Poor Man's Treasure Hunter. The book is worn but treasured. Good stuff. Take care, Bryan

Sep 2007
    Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
    Fisher F75 LTD
    2 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Here is a pic posted by Oldebeechnut who said he met Bob Trevillian a couple times. Jeff, this one is for you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bob_Glen_Burnie_Elementry.jpg 
Views:	336 
Size:	336.2 KB 
ID:	515224  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links