The Poor Mans Treasure Hunter

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
Re: The Poor Man's Treasure Hunter

FREE!!
Has Christmas come early this year? Just when I thought never to see your beautiful smile and other goddess-like qualities there you are. A vision. A Siren among all these chin-whiskers and wrinkles. Oh, wait, you're a shape shifter are you not? This is very confusing. BUT MUCH APPRECIATED.
WELCOME BACK.
If Jimmyleo, Kwiksilver, Monty, can be here, then Free, Pete, Zumbro, etc. can re-join the clan.

Now, how a bout a picture of the LEGS?

grizzly bare

OP
OP
Z

ZumbroKid

Did you ever see my swimsuit photos? There around here somewhere. Everyone can look better with my cut and paste beauty aids. There make perfect xmas gifts. LOL

rjnail

Nov 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Excalibur,

READ THE BOOK WHEN IT FIRST CAME OUT ,ALSO MEET THEM IN THIER SHOP IN MD. THEY HAVE A FEWS BOOKS I LIKED

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

Got it right in front of me. I also liked the chapter of "The Philosophy of Treasure".

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Deteknix Scuba Tector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

This is a great book. My hunting partner,when we were stationed at Comiso Air Station, Sicily, and I called ourselves Bob and Frank for a long time, for fun!

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I wonder what ever happened to Bob and Frank, what are they doing today?? Does anyone know? You would think that they would be on Tnet somewhere. These guys were my heros after I read the book back in 1989! Bryan

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Can you still purchase the Poor Mans Treasure Hunter? If so, where? Thanks.

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Newfiehunter said:
Can you still purchase the Poor Mans Treasure Hunter? If so, where? Thanks.

I am not sure. Perhaps check amazon.com or do a google search. I have had the book for years, since the 80's. Great book.

greywolf

Aug 26, 2007
Detector(s) used
Bounty HunterIV, Bounty Hunter QD II

I found a copy on Amazon.............half way thru it..........good stuff as a refresher. :thumbsup: :coffee2:

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I want to know what these guys are up to now. Does anybody know?

jgtrev

Tenderfoot
Jun 30, 2008

Hi,

My name is Jeff Trevillian, and in answer to your question on "what happened to Bob and Frank?" I'm not sure what Frank is up to, I don't think I've seen him in about 7 or 8 years, but my father, Bob Trevillian died about 10 years ago. I was a little surprised to see that people still talk about him, a very pleasant surprise. He wrote those books when I was very young (before 10 years old, and I'm 28 now), so I don't remember them well, maybe it's time for me to go back and read them. Anyway, thanks for remembering.

Jeff Trevillian

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

wow blast from the past :thumbsup:

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jgtrev said:
Hi,

My name is Jeff Trevillian, and in answer to your question on "what happened to Bob and Frank?" I'm not sure what Frank is up to, I don't think I've seen him in about 7 or 8 years, but my father, Bob Trevillian died about 10 years ago. I was a little surprised to see that people still talk about him, a very pleasant surprise. He wrote those books when I was very young (before 10 years old, and I'm 28 now), so I don't remember them well, maybe it's time for me to go back and read them. Anyway, thanks for remembering.

Jeff Trevillian

Wow, thanks for the response. I am sorry to hear about your dad. That book was an inspiration to my best buddy, Mark, and I when we were stationed at Comiso Air Station, Sicily. We would call ourselves 'Bob and Frank' while we were detecting in Sicily in 1988-89. He wrote with confidence that they would bet anyone that they could live for a number of weeks on detecting finds alone, live comfortably and eat well the whole while. It has been a long time since I have read it, but I still have it somewhere. Bob and Frank are still detecting icons to Mark and I to this day, in kind of a funny way. Thanks so much for your response! Bryan

jgtrev

Tenderfoot
Jun 30, 2008

Hey Bryan, thanks for the kind words, not sure if you knew or not, but he also did a TV show called "Treasure Search" He did them in the late 80s-early 90's about 15 episodes or so. Had Chuck Connors as host (real nice guy, signed the butt stock of my BB gun when I was little), and after Chuck died, Bob Denver was host. Thought it was funny that you had Giligan as your picture. The shows never really took off, and they are real hard to come by, I did a web search and couldn't find anything.

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jgtrev said:
Hey Bryan, thanks for the kind words, not sure if you knew or not, but he also did a TV show called "Treasure Search" He did them in the late 80s-early 90's about 15 episodes or so. Had Chuck Connors as host (real nice guy, signed the butt stock of my BB gun when I was little), and after Chuck died, Bob Denver was host. Thought it was funny that you had Giligan as your picture. The shows never really took off, and they are real hard to come by, I did a web search and couldn't find anything.

That is amazing. I live in Goldsboro, NC and work at Seymour Johnson AFB. I am originally from Minnesota. I drove to MN one time on leave. I pass right through Princeton, WV, and I recalled hearing that Bob Denver lived there. So I stopped in a gas station and asked if it was true that he still lived there. They gave me directions to his home and I drove up in the holler and found it. I took a couple of pics. I always loved to watch the old Gilligan shows when I was growing up, so to me it was pretty cool. I would love to see some of those episodes your dad made. What part of the US do you live in? Do you detect? What kind of machine do you use? Thanks, Bryan

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

jgtrev said:

Jeff, FYI I've got two copies of the book, just in case one gets too wore out. Also I see the VHS tapes show up on Ebay once in a while. At one time,a few years back, they were broadcasting the shows on PBS--kept trying to video tape the show but they kept playing only about 3 of the shows over and over. I believe it was gold panning, dinosauer bones, and Indian artifacts.

jgtrev

Tenderfoot
Jun 30, 2008

Bryan,

I live on the eastern shore of maryland, I have detected a few times in the last couple of years, mostly at the beach in ocean city maryland, with my grandfather, but he doesn't go out too much anymore either. I was thinking about joining a club here on the eastern shore, so we'll see how it pans out.

Jeff

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark

What ever happened to Zumbro kid??? . I do miss him and his posts.

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jgtrev said:
Bryan,

I live on the eastern shore of maryland, I have detected a few times in the last couple of years, mostly at the beach in ocean city maryland, with my grandfather, but he doesn't go out too much anymore either. I was thinking about joining a club here on the eastern shore, so we'll see how it pans out.

Jeff

Well, thanks for the responses to my post, it is nice to speak with you. Good luck with your detecting and I appreciate the update on Bob and Frank. They truly wrote an interesting book that played an important part in my enjoyment of the hobby of metal detecting, no doubt. Bryan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread