• Been Published ?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It actually has more than Pictures ?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
I too, have started writing a novel, but lately I have largely ignored it. I have too many irons
in the fire,so too speak. One day I will get back to it. I seem to have periods of inspiration, then
drift off until it hits me again.

Bobadilla

Sep 25, 2006
Dominican Republic
Hello everybody,

I am member of this Forum for more than one year and I must say that I really enjoy it. Thanks to this Forum I met new friends, some of them even personally. Historical research, amateur underwater archaeology, real stories about pirate treasures and mysteries of historical shipwrecks have been my life hobby for almost four centuries. As some of you already know, I permanently live in Dominican Republic, which is literally a heaven for treasure hunters, historical researchers and shipwreck divers.

After several years of detailed research of historical documents in Spain, USA, Dominican Republic I finally published my book "Sunken and Hiden Treasures in the Dominican Republic" in 2005. I wrote the book in Spanish and it has had really good answer among the public. I was asked to prepare the second, wider edition, which I published in Santo Domingo last year. Majority of the books was sold in local museums, libraries and diving schools and I was asked many times to translate this book into English. So I did the rough work of the translation and thanks to my new friend (who I met thanks to this Forum, by the way) Terry Armstrong, AKA "Signumops", who made this book into the final form (he has done great job, indeed - THANKS Terry!), my book will be on the market in Florida and through internet anywhere else probably within just couple of weeks. The book represents seven years of my life, the hard research work, many hours of diving and travelling. Anybody who would like to get a copy, I am pleased to direct you to Terry Armstrong, whom you can find on this Forum as "Signumops". I hope that who buys this book, will enjoy it. I am open to any kind of questions or discussions about my book, I will answer to everybody with pleasure.

Best regards,
Lobo
(Bobadilla)

SimonLakeSub

Dec 6, 2006
I very recently published a new book called " The Endless Search For The HMS Hussar"
New York's Legendary Treasure Shipwreck I dedicated it to the memory of Mel Fisher and Simon Lake. It contains many old newspaper accounts including many salvage attempts, 152 pages and has 32 Illustrations and pictures. The vessel was rumored to have been carry gold to pay off the British troops It can be purchased on EBay, or from:
R&L Publishing
130 Church Street #259
New York, N.Y.10007
( $24.95 )
Simon.....

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Homestake, I think you have a great idea there - 'treasures found' so to speak. As a sort of 'photo-essay' I would bet that it would sell very well indeed. I hope that you will do it!
Oroblanco

SimonLakeSub

Dec 6, 2006
Yes I agree, A very good idea, People love to see pictures and read about treasure recovered. Its not really that hard a project, once it starts to take shape. Getting permission for the pictures, in my opinion is the most biggest hurdle. Sometimes not easy, and sometimes could be very costly. Take your time, and keep chipping away at it !!!!

A great idea,,,, Best of luck......................... Simon....

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon
Very cool topic, Glad to see that there are some writers on here! It is a long drawn out process for sure, It is something that I have always wanted to do.

I just read the thread and figured I would throw my work in progress on here!

Its pasted over in the Texas forum:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,151081.0.html

Attachments

• Email.jpg
    Email.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 461
  • Email.jpg
    Email.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 459

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
SimonLakeSub said:
I very recently published a new book called " The Endless Search For The HMS Hussar"
New York's Legendary Treasure Shipwreck I dedicated it to the memory of Mel Fisher and Simon Lake. It contains many old newspaper accounts including many salvage attempts, 152 pages and has 32 Illustrations and pictures. The vessel was rumored to have been carry gold to pay off the British troops It can be purchased on EBay, or from:
R&L Publishing
130 Church Street #259
New York, N.Y.10007
( $24.95 )
Simon.....

Gonna try and pick one up next week -

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
Ron and Ann said:
Well...where do I start?

Yes, I am writing a book. When will it be completed? Well, can't say for sure. I do alot of genealogical research, looking through newspapers, court houses, libraries (genealogy sections), grave yards, collect obits, marriage records, birth records....so much data, so little time.

My goal is to complete a book of the Hampton Roads Area of the largest family tree. It will have births, deaths, marriages, land records, family trees (try to connect all the birth, death and marriage records) of all the folks that made this area what it is. But...I do have a cut off date....my research ends with 31 December 1999. I figured I have to let the future generations do something.

I'm also working on updating my website that has been on line since 1990 something...heck...can't remember...think 1999...or is it 1994/5???...anyways. I post things I find (which will also be in my book) of information I find to help others not in this area to assist in locating relatives and complete the lineage of their family trees. I will also share some stories on bringing a father and daughter together (the father NEVER knowning he had a daughter and never had children with his current wife ... his only wife! He has since passed away :(...what a sweet sweet man he was!) and how I helped another by pure accident in finding information on his great great grandfather and finding out he was in the Spanish-American War and when he ordered his military record ... there was about 3 generations of family data!!! Or the time I assisted this woman who contacted me by email to look up a divorce record and found a photo in the files. Had the lady at the court copy it for me (and she was telling me it would not come out good...ha...I'm a graphic artist....and it came out great!!) Anyways, when I emailed this information to her and the photo...her father at the time was 71 years old and that was the FIRST TIME he had ever seen his REAL (Biological) FATHER!!!!.....that email was a tear-jerker for me!!

And with researching old newspapers, I am adding a new flair to my website...with articles about towns and cities around the US that are long gone now, to articles about early settlers, a section on ads about certain machines, household appliances, to the fashions of a certain period (i.e., 1920's, 1930's, etc), to the music of the times, to the prices of goods...just about anything that would catch the interest of the reader. Everyone has many different interest in the archives and I want to be able to give them all a chance to read on the history.

I'll post articles about the Civil War, the military (i.e., those serving, hometown news of an individual, our fallen HEROS!, etc...) and with being on here (TNet)...post articles relating to metal detecting and hopefully find some good stories that would help someone metal detect in their area or give good leads to an awesome site!

Will also make a link to the (still in progress) website for the Pipsico Hunts and of all those involved in recovering the history and try to keep everyone informed of the status of our finds and when they will be ready for viewing in the BS Museum at Pipsico and of future hunts, etc....

So, I have alot of work to do...so let me off of here....it won't get done by itself....OHHHHHHH WAIT...I can't continue right now...my daughter is home from Guam and I am spending the week with her...:):):). She's in the shower now and then me, then pick up oldest boy from school and then GO SHOPPING!!! OH YEAH!!!! Been saving up to take my daughter shopping and are we gonna' shop! LOL

Ya'll have an awesome and totally fabolous day!!!
Annmarie

I bet you have a few hours in research!

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
I'm dyslexic and would only have a ghost writer take notes for me and I would proof read it before it goes to press.

Everything I write gets lost in translation.

Like half of what I wrote in this forum.

S

stefen

Seamuss said:
I'm dyslexic and would only have a ghost writer take notes for me and I would proof read it before it goes to press.

Everything I write gets lost in translation.

Like half of what I wrote in this forum.

Unfortunate malady but you can turn it around :laughing7:

Handyman

Mar 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wrote a book about 20 years ago on fresh water bait fishing techniques. Never published as a book, but saw print as a series of articles in the Pennsylvania Angler. Published a few other outdoor articles and was a member of the Outdoor Writers Association of America.

Have a great plot for a novel (who doesn't), but don't know anything about character development or working romance into the mix. Guess I'll have to find a partner who does, or take some writing courses.

Good luck on your projects.

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gypsy Heart said:
tenbears said:
I have been on of this site for about two years, and i beleive gypsy could write a series of books with the imformation shes blessed us with :) ;)
Thanks Tenbears....I appreciate that .....have a couple of books in the works right now....just finishing them seems to be the problem....LOL
Please place me on your pre sale request list. I am a big fan of your post's and would get your books when ever Published. Extractor

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
I've had 2 articles published in W&ET, June of 2011 and February of 2012 and just sent another story in, and am working on another to send in a few months.
Also in the midst of writing a book on coinshooting parks, schools and tot-lots. After 42 years of metal detecting, I want to share some of the tips I have learned.

Robbie Morin

brucebob

Jun 14, 2011
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
I've been working on a book for a few years now, got about 120 pages down. It's so hard to pick up where you left off once you stop for a few months.

Gork

Dec 13, 2004
My second book on the Butterfield Trail was published in April 2011. The title is The Butterfield Trail and Overland Mail Company in Arizona, 1858-1861. I have been consulting with the National Park Service for the last two years in an effort to declare the Butterfield Trail a National Historic Trail. This effort will preserve the primary artifact that remains which is the ruts of the old trail, as well as preserve what few remaining ruins or buildings that are left and the associated artifacts. They are rapidly disappearing. The book is the result of forty-three years of research and exploration. It defines the route of the Butterfield trail and location of the twenty-six stage stations in Arizona.

This book contains ninety-five maps showing the location of the 400 mile long trail and twenty-six stage station sites in Arizona. Twenty-two photographs, taken over a forty year period, demonstrate what the trail looks like, a massacre site, graves, the military telegraph line of 1873-1880, a possible Butterfield corral, and a drawing of a typical military telegraph pole. The story of each stage station contains many eyewitness accounts from newspapers and government reports. The 1860 census stating the names at the "Great Overland Mail Stations" added much valuable information. Many historical references, from Civil War military orders in the War of the Rebellion, described the condition of the trail and stations immediately after the closing of the Overland Mail Company in March 1861.

This book has been declared the "difinitive" book on the history of the Butterfield Trail in Arizona by the researcher who has the Congressional authority for the study of the trail to present to Congress. It is being carried by historical society museums in Arizona, as well as others. It can be purchased directly from me for about the next two weeks for $32.95 ($29.95 + $3.00 USPS media mail). Until then it will not be available from me until late September, as I will shortly be returning to my mining claims in Yukon Territory's Klondike.

This book, and the effort to make the Butterfield Trail a National Historic Trail, will help to correct the erroneous history contained in many books on the trail in Arizona. No Butterfield stagecoaches were ever held up in Arizona and only once was a stagecoach attacked by Indians---which only slowed down the stage.
Very few of the twenty-six stage stations sites can be observed in their original state, as most are under parking lots, plowed fields or washed away by floods completely covering the topography of the area. The book also corrects the error of many falsely identified stage stations declared as Butterfield's.

I have also written for the Sunday New York Times Arts and Leisure section, all of the four-wheel drive magazines (1970's), Motorcyclist, Alaska Magazine, the Antiques Journal, Bead Journal, McLean's Magazine (Canada), the Whitehorse Star (Canada), the California International Mining Journal, many western magazines, etc.

Butterfield Book .jpg

Last edited:

brucebob

Jun 14, 2011
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
For the people who have had their books published, how did you go about getting it published? Did you use a large publishing company and did it cost you anything? Very unfamiliar with the whole process but will hopefully be done with my book in the next year.

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
For the people who have had their books published, how did you go about getting it published? Did you use a large publishing company and did it cost you anything? Very unfamiliar with the whole process but will hopefully be done with my book in the next year.

I just got mine finished and used CreateSpace to print it( Amazon owns CreateSpace). It is 56 pages and I have it on Amazon and CreateSpace e-store for $12.95.
Find More Silver Coinshooting Parks and Schools ( Dimeman's Detecting Tips) by Robbie Morin

Photo of actual cover.

My book cover.jpg

Last edited:

grossmusic

Jul 19, 2013
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
I detect the history: I've visited archives up & down the entire US East Coast, Bahamas, Jamaica, Kew, The Hague, etc. Have yet to go to Seville or S.American archives.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I'm writing a screenplay about the 1715 wrecks, & another about the pirates who looted the wrecks. I've also begun a book about the pirates & plan to write more.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread