Looking for firsthand reviews of Stan Grists offers...

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking for firsthand reviews of Stan Grist's offers...

I stumbled upon Stan Grist's website a few months ago (just do a search on google and you'll find it) while looking up information regarding Inca Treasure in Ecuador. I'm a pessimist by nature, so reading many of the different sections of the site make me suspect that he's primarily a salesman with the ability to "tweak" the reader's curiosity just enough to make them want to spend $ to get further information.

That said, I can't help but admit that some of the things he talks about and claims to have experiences with are really fascinating and intriguing.

I'm wondering if anyone out there has purchased any of his guides, books, videos etc... and can give me an unbiased review? Does his stuff have substance and provide any unique information, or is it mostly regurgitated things from other sources and/or just stories made to influence a person to spend even more $ on more of his things?

Thanks - just curious is all.

Landfar

Greenie
Apr 2, 2011
Hello I have bought stans Info often I live in Ecuador also His info is very good yes he sells info for a living but when he says there is Gold in an area you can be sure there is. Does his info make you rich well no but that takes hard work and allot of effort But his info is a good starting point.
Thing you may find hard to believe is there is Gold and treasure everywhere in Ecuador.
I live in a small town in the mountains I will not say exactly where cause I don't want a stampede of treasure hunters coming here.
But it has many nice homes and I would say 90% of them were Built with Gold found in Placers and treasures discovered.
But to find treasure you need more than a medal detector and You need equipment that Goes deep resistivity meters or something else . I don't say this cause I'm friends with Stan I have spoke with him on the Phone but other than that no relation

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
My problem with Mr. Grist is he uses a great deal of information on his website that does not belong to him. He does not respect copyright.

At one time he sold shipwreck and treasure maps that used National Geographic maps as a base. NG didn't go for that one!

His website has other information lifted from books with no copyright or permissions noted. That is simply wrong.

If I don't respect him because he does that, and I don't trust him because he does not respect authors' rights - well, why would I trust him regarding much else?

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

henasau

Jun 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personally met Stan Girst and had some business arrangement with him during my motorcycle trip through South America.
He is a salesman (quite skillful I must say just look at his self promotion all over the WEB) trying to make a living in Ecuador.
What he is looking for, he is looking for investors, dreaming about easy money, willing to risk their own money in very risky ventures.
I was one of them these includes buying a dredge and thinking really seriously about the excavator.
There is no easy gold in Ecuador and these days is highly regulated by Ecuadorian government.
You can learn more if you go to my blog Living The Dream: November 2013
I lost a few thousand of $ but I met others who lost much,much more then this.

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personally met Stan Girst and had some business arrangement with him during my motorcycle trip through South America.
He is a salesman (quite skillful I must say just look at his self promotion all over the WEB) trying to make a living in Ecuador.
What he is looking for, he is looking for investors, dreaming about easy money, willing to risk their own money in very risky ventures.
I was one of them these includes buying a dredge and thinking really seriously about the excavator.
There is no easy gold in Ecuador and these days is highly regulated by Ecuadorian government.
You can learn more if you go to my blog Living The Dream: November 2013
I lost a few thousand of $ but I met others who lost much,much more then this.

Nice Blog. :thumbsup:

infidelsaint

May 29, 2010
There is a saying in Ecuador that goes something like this...
The way to lose a small fortune in Ecuador is to come with a big one.
Ecuador will bleed a gringo treasure hunter or prospector dry.

EKG

Mar 19, 2017
From Germany but in South America at the moment
Detector(s) used
Minelab Fisher Jeohunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree 100 percent with you
I also know him well.I live here in Ecuador 20 years now and in a few years i will finish my book the real deal and i am sure a few peopel will not like the truth .
The book is about gold prospecting mining
Truths and lies investment and lots more

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread