Buried Treasure and lost mines/Who Murdered Frank Fish/Barry Storm

T

trapperjon

1st book is by Frank Fish,second book is by Ben Traywick,3rd book is by Barry Storm,but I cant find it right now,and forget the title. These books are great reading,if can can find one. Their is a third by Frank Fish I cant locate,title is dead men dont Talk. Both men are accomlished trasure hunters . Two ther books I have are by Karl von Muller,the best of the best.Anyones imput appreciated.

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
Frank Fish book was about him by Lake Erie Schaefer ; Ben Traywick had a number of books some were The Chronicles of tombstone; The clantons of Tombstone; Ghost Towns and Lost Treasures; Hell's Belles; John Henry - the doc holliday story; Legendary characters of southeast arizona; N'De (The People); That Wicked Little Gringo - The story of John Slaughter; Tombstone's boot hill; Treasures of the Dead (expect this is the one you have); Wyatt Earp's Thirteen dead Men. Barry Storm wrote many books about arizona and the Lost dutchman Mine. the best known was the many editions of thunder god's gold. Don't know if Barry storm was murdered. Frank fish was murdered in the fifties by robbers. KvM was destroyed and as good as murdered by robbers and vandals. He died less than six months later. exanimo, ss

OP
OP
T

trapperjon

Photos of some above mentioned books, another book by Frank fish is Dead men do tell tales,which i have not been able to locate. I did not know Kvm was murded,a real sad ending for him. Barry Storm was tracked and shot at many times in his search for lost Spanish mines.
It doesn"t pay to become to famous,or talk to much,as loose lips do ,do you in sometmes.
Barry Storm actually found a lost rich spanish mine,and a large mineing co.,put a claim on it took it over,mined it,and he got nothing. He also may have located the Lost Dutchman treasure,,which may have been just stashed Indian nuggets in a cave. :)

Attachments

• MVC-025S.JPG
    MVC-025S.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 996
  • MVC-026S.JPG
    MVC-026S.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 955
OP
OP
T

trapperjon

oops/forgot 1 more photo

Attachments

• MVC-024S.JPG
    MVC-024S.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 1,078

HappyTrails55

Sep 30, 2005
Paso Robles
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Frank Fish died under VERY MYSTERIOUS CIRCUMSTANCES in which his Friend Lake Erie Schafer, she Faithfully records all of the events leading up and past his demise in her Book "DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES"....When I was 12 years old in 1962, while on a Fishing trip with my cousins, we stopped in Frank's Museum and toured the fascinating displays of History and Visited with Himself, FRANK FISH......MURDERED in 1965.....

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
trapperjon:

I realize this is a belated response to your post - but I'm new here and just catching up.

In my opinion the edition you show of Karl von Mueller's Treasure Hunter's Manual #7 is a "bootleg" - an authorized pirate edition that violated the copyright owned by his wife.

Please understand I'm not accusing you of anything! I've purchased a copy or two of these by mail from dealers who just didn't understand what they had. I can not tell without seeing the actual book, but based on the photo that's what it looks like to me. Does it have a green cardboard cover? One of mine does.

"Lake" Erie Schaefer's book si "Dead Men Do Tell Tales; Stories from the Diary of Frank L. Fish" (Chino, California: 1968) "Second Edition" (actually, the Second Printing) 1980. I believe the nice color illustration on the cover is a Eugene Shortridge painting taken from an early True Treasure Magazine issue. I don't see any credit for it in this book.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread