woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
Available from the factory and through some dealers as a print paperback for either $6.95 or free depending on the situation. (Ask your local dealer if you've got one.)
Online free at Teknetics Tek Files where you'll also find some of my other metal detector essays. The book and essays are also available on the Fisher website. I think they're also on Mark Ellington's website. Some of the material has been copied to other websites and even translated into other languages.

This book is a detailed introduction to gold prospecting with a VLF metal detector. Much of it is equally applicable to PI's. I'd like to say it covers "everything you need to know" but of course one never knows enough!

There are already some excellent books out there on beeping for gold written by non-engineer experienced users, with focus primarily on technique. This book doesn't make those obsolete, but complements them by bringing into it a broad scientific and electronic engineering perspective generally lacking in the others. Anyone who does gold prospecting with a metal detector, this is the one book they shouldn't be without. And (as I pointed out), with Internet access it doesn't even cost anything.

--Dave Johnson
Chief Designer, FTP-Fisher

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Available from the factory and through some dealers as a print paperback for either $6.95 or free depending on the situation. (Ask your local dealer if you've got one.)
Online free at Teknetics Tek Files where you'll also find some of my other metal detector essays. The book and essays are also available on the Fisher website. I think they're also on Mark Ellington's website. Some of the material has been copied to other websites and even translated into other languages.

This book is a detailed introduction to gold prospecting with a VLF metal detector. Much of it is equally applicable to PI's. I'd like to say it covers "everything you need to know" but of course one never knows enough!

There are already some excellent books out there on beeping for gold written by non-engineer experienced users, with focus primarily on technique. This book doesn't make those obsolete, but complements them by bringing into it a broad scientific and electronic engineering perspective generally lacking in the others. Anyone who does gold prospecting with a metal detector, this is the one book they shouldn't be without. And (as I pointed out), with Internet access it doesn't even cost anything.

--Dave Johnson
Chief Designer, FTP-Fisher

Great Post!

Billinoregon

May 3, 2012
Sweetwater, TX
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Woof. I bought a Minelab Xterra 705 just so I could throw an HF coil on it for this very purpose.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread