Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

LRL fraud debunked

Dec 2010
    ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
    BS detector
    234 times
    Underground detection

"Gold Prospecting with a VLF Metal Detector" Dave Johnson

Available from the factory and through some dealers as a print paperback for either $6.95 or free depending on the situation. (Ask your local dealer if you've got one.)
    Online free at Teknetics Tek Files where you'll also find some of my other metal detector essays. The book and essays are also available on the Fisher website. I think they're also on Mark Ellington's website. Some of the material has been copied to other websites and even translated into other languages.

This book is a detailed introduction to gold prospecting with a VLF metal detector. Much of it is equally applicable to PI's. I'd like to say it covers "everything you need to know" but of course one never knows enough!

There are already some excellent books out there on beeping for gold written by non-engineer experienced users, with focus primarily on technique. This book doesn't make those obsolete, but complements them by bringing into it a broad scientific and electronic engineering perspective generally lacking in the others. Anyone who does gold prospecting with a metal detector, this is the one book they shouldn't be without. And (as I pointed out), with Internet access it doesn't even cost anything.

--Dave Johnson
    Chief Designer, FTP-Fisher

Charter Member
    us
    TerrySoloman.com

May 2010
    Congress, AZ - White Plains, NY
    Tesoro Cult Member - Tejon; Sand Shark; Lobo Super Traq; Vaquero; Cibola; Compadre - Minelab GPX 5000
    3371 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by woof! View Post
    Available from the factory and through some dealers as a print paperback for either $6.95 or free depending on the situation. (Ask your local dealer if you've got one.)
    Online free at Teknetics Tek Files where you'll also find some of my other metal detector essays. The book and essays are also available on the Fisher website. I think they're also on Mark Ellington's website. Some of the material has been copied to other websites and even translated into other languages.

This book is a detailed introduction to gold prospecting with a VLF metal detector. Much of it is equally applicable to PI's. I'd like to say it covers "everything you need to know" but of course one never knows enough!

There are already some excellent books out there on beeping for gold written by non-engineer experienced users, with focus primarily on technique. This book doesn't make those obsolete, but complements them by bringing into it a broad scientific and electronic engineering perspective generally lacking in the others. Anyone who does gold prospecting with a metal detector, this is the one book they shouldn't be without. And (as I pointed out), with Internet access it doesn't even cost anything.

--Dave Johnson
    Chief Designer, FTP-Fisher
    Great Post!

May 2012
    Foothills, Siskiyou Mountains, southern Oregon
    Minelab Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark
    26 times
    Metal Detecting
    Thanks Woof. I bought a Minelab Xterra 705 just so I could throw an HF coil on it for this very purpose.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors