RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Katfish, WELCOME!

The best place I have found to buy them, and I own several, is on the big internet auction site. Some times these books go for big money, but not always. I have several I paid less than $20.00 for. They are out there, it just takes a little work to find them. The book that is really hard to find is "Sudden Wealth" by he same author. Do a little research and find the other names he wrote under. (Deek Gladson, Gladyce Miller, KVM, etc.

Given a choice, get #6 first

They are worth your time to study and read if you can buy them for right price. Also look for the owlhooters manuals.

Good Luck!

RJGMC
HI BOB!

OP
OP
K

katfish

Tenderfoot
Apr 13, 2012
central texas
Detector(s) used
whites mxt XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Bob, for the info.Every little bit helps. Am looking for any info about detecting old homesteads.
Katfish

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Bob, for the info.Every little bit helps. Am looking for any info about detecting old homesteads.
Katfish

Dean Miller was THE MAN. He wrote primarily under the pen name, Karl vonMueller, and to some extent, Deek Gladson, which was an arrangement of his wife's first name and maiden name--Gladyce Deekson. Most of his books were copyrighted in his wife's name for her future security.

I have copies of all of his books, including Sudden Wealth. One of his last published books was titled Waybills to El Dorado which caused a lot of heartburn in some of his so-called friends. Some professional THers who got pissed that he published all of the info that was in that one book. SOMEONE got so angry at him that they burned down his small barn that held his office with all of his records and research materials. That is the point that his health began to fail.

There is one more book you need in your library. It's titled Search, by James R. Warnke, in which you're shown the places that caches and other goodies have actually been found. Everywhere from the chimney cap to the footings of chimneys and house foundations. It explains how to thoroughly search a property..........no matter if it's in the city or the country.

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The fire devastated Karl. Many believe it was to cover up a theft of materials. Karl was never the same after that.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The fire devastated Karl. Many believe it was to cover up a theft of materials. Karl was never the same after that.

Yes. I think what hurt him the most was the idea that someone he'd trusted pulled that $hi*. I met him and his wife at the big Treasure Show and Hunt in Tulsa, OK in about 1988. Really nice folks. I firmly believe in "what comes around, goes around" and maybe the 2-bit thief and firebug is now at the bottom of some caved in hole, deep in the Segundo Mountains.

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got Treasure Hunter's Manual # 7 from the library and wish I could have met this man and his wife. I really like the info about UV lights and photography techniques.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread