Status
Not open for further replies.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasureNet the largest, oldest and best Treasure Website on the net, founded August 8, 1995....

Be sure and check out Western & Eastern Treasures Magazine, one of the best Treasure Illustrated magazines available.....

Western & eastern Treasures.jpg

Welcome To Western & Eastern Treasures Magazine

Last edited:

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I used to advertise with them in the 90s they are a Class Act, been buyin them as long as i can remember.
In the May 2013 issue one of our members here at Tnet... (NYwaterhunter).. has a well written store about a Hard Time Token he found.
Buckleboy,Diggergirl and Shane Tnet members also from LA. have a story in there too

Gary

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to advertise with them in the 90s they are a Class Act, been buyin them as long as i can remember.
In the May 2013 issue one of our members here at Tnet... (NYwaterhunter).. has a well written store about a Hard Time Token he found.
Buckleboy,Diggergirl and Shane Tnet members also from LA. have a story in there too

Gary

I always buy it, but I buy it right after the following issue comes out at Kellyco so I get the previous issue cheap... Several of our members have had stories published...:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember in the 60's there was a treasure illustrated magazine called " Treasure" that was very interesting ..

Treasure (magazine)
Treasure was a British educational magazine for young children published by Fleetway Publications which ran for 418 issues published between 14 January 1963 and 16 January 1971. The editor was Arthur Bouchier.

Treasure was heavily illustrated in both colour and black & white, the first issue introducing many of the features that were to be popular over the coming years. 'Mr Answers' (actually staff editor Edward Northcott) answered children's questions on subjects as diverse as 'Why do the leaves fall off the trees in autumn?' to 'Why was Tower Bridge built to open?'; 'Peeps Into Nature' was a regular nature page; 'How It Happens' began with an explanation of how the post office worked; 'A Picture to talk about' covered a wide variety of subjects from a visit to a pantomime to a children's hospital; 'Tales from Many Lands' was a series of fairy tales from around the world; and a regular story featuring Tufty Fluffytail, the squirrel created to make children aware of road safety. Other features included 'Adventure Stories from the Bible', 'The Wonderful Story of Britain', illustrated primarily by Peter Jackson, and various puzzle pages.

Two long-running series debuted in the first issue:

A series of text stories featuring the worldwide travels of 'Wee Willie Winkie', a young boy who has a 'special green ticket' which allows him to travel free on any form of transport. Befriending a young elephant named Hannibal, Willie journeys across Europe, Africa, Australia and America. The stories were illustrated by John Worsley and Robert Hodgson.
The comic strip 'Princess Marigold' which featured the fairy tale adventures of the inhabitants of Marigold Land.
Treasure also included a number of delightfully illustrated children's classics, including The Borrowers by Mary Norton, The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame, The Water Babies by Charles Kingsley, Pinocchio by Carlo Collodi, Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift, Alice in Wonderland and Alice Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll and The Wonderful Adventures of Baron Munchhausen.

Amongst the artists who worked on Treasure were Clive Uptton, Phillip Mendoza, Nadir Quinto, C. L. Doughty, Wilf Hardy, Jesus Blasco, Colin Merrett, Luis Bermejo, John M. Burns and Gerry Haylock.

Companion titles included Treasure Annual (1963–75), a series of 6 'Treasure Book of Animals' (1966–71), the Treasure Book of Answers (1970) and Treasure Book of Princess Marigold (undated).

In January 1971, Treasure was incorporated into World of Wonder, which a few years later was itself incorporated into Look and Learn.

In November 2004, Treasure was purchased by Look and Learn Magazine Ltd.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah it is the best Treasure illustrated info out there. I think many of our todays finds are in there. I always look forward to the publication

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread