William H. White books...Anyone familir with them?

Randy Bradford

Jun 27, 2004
Stumbled across this guy's works while doing some research. He's written a number of titles but not a single one is reviewed on Amazon. Just curious what the feedback was on this guys books. So far he's written:

Mad Dogs and treasure Hunters: Mad Dogs and Treasure Hunters: william H. White, B. Bennett, william white: 9780980005745: Amazon.com: Books
Tales of the Caballos: Amazon.com: Tales of the Caballos eBook: William White: Books
More Treasure Stories and Folklore of the Caballo Mountains: More Treasure Stories and Folklore of the Caballo Mountains: William H. White, Barbara Bennett, Wayne May: 9780980005738: Amazon.com: Books
True Treasure Stories of the Southwest: True Treasure Stories of the Southwest: William H White, William White, Wayne May: 9780980005714: Amazon.com: Books

auferret

Sep 25, 2007
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Sunray DX-1
Falcon MD20
Garrett Seahunter Mark II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those sound vaguely familiar but I cannot remember enough to give you an opinion. I would suggest you post this in the recommended reading section. People like Old Bookaroo frequent that forum and would be more able to give a review. Recommended Reading

Edit - Oh crap! I just realized that I AM in the recommended reading section. Now my wife is not the only one that knows I am an idiot......

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
auferret:

I've seen those books on Amazon but I've never purchased them. Unlike many of the Amazon "reviewers," I try not to offer an opinion until I've read a book.

I do appreciate your thinking of me, however.

After all these years it remains very hard to beat KvonM's books. So far, actually, in my personal opinion it has proven to be impossible.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
I almost bought two of these a couple months ago in T or C, NM. I thumbed through them twice - at the Geronimo Springs Museum gift shop (worth a visit), and also at a gift shop downtown. The books have local treasure legends about the nearby Caballo Mountains. I didn't buy them at the time - I don't know why - but they looked interesting.

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mad dogs and Treasure hunters.

Mainly about the authors misadventures as a treasure hunter.

Detailed descriptions of many ex partners, and what was wrong with them.

Lot's of details about atv wrecks, camping failures, and half-hearted attempts to find treasure by a small group of senior citizens.

Lot's of Long Range Locator details, but no successes.

Seems honest, and quite believable, but fairly mundane.

It's mildly interesting, I kept thinking he was gonna find something.........well I won't spoil the ending.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread