Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
51z0tI26rHL._AA160_.jpg

A compelling story about a small community in the hills, that struggles to survive after an Electro-Magnetic Pulse attack.

Well researched, and thought out, it shows how frail and dependent humans have become, and how quickly society can break down when all electronics shut down.

I enjoyed it, a bit gory at times, but hard to put down.

TXPIRATE

Aug 21, 2003
S.E. TEXAS
Detector(s) used
" Bounty Hunter IV Tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read a lot of books on Emp attacks. That is the one thing that could restart the dark ages. It was a good book.

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read that about in 2009 or so. Very good book. I have read it two more times since. Being a type one almost all of my life, it did hit a little close to home. Electricity is a true life giver/extender. It's worth so much more that :treasurechest:.

kromar3336

Mar 15, 2015
Pgh Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the scariest books I ever read. I became a bit of a prepper after reading it. Just in case.

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HA !!,,

Yea,, just wait till all the "fast food" burger and chicken gobblers miss a meal or two.

THAT is when the REAL SHTF will begin. Most people,,,have no idea how the "just in time" way that stores and restaurants are doing business now actually works.
Clean water,,unspoiled food then medical care WILL NOT be the "norm" if an EMP hits the Earth.
I have a bad feeling that once we have been "relocated" back to the 1890s that a large percentage of the population will be dead within 3 weeks. Actually the "casualties" would probably be much higher.

People generally have no idea how to be self sufficient in any other way but to just STEAL it from anyone they feel they could. Those are the people that will be doing all the ugly. And yes,,, the suburban fathers who have a family,,will be among those. I really hate to be like this, or even say it, but there is going to be a whole lot of killing. Killing to provide,,, killing to protect,,then the real freaks who WILL kill just to kill;because there will not really be anyone there to stop them.

Then there are those like a fair population here who HAVE "prepped". Who have bought supplies, equipment, medicines and yes weapons. Not in ANTICIPATION, but rather in PREPARATION of these possible scenarios.

Just let us all pray, to whatever god you pray to that nothing like this ever happens

Hit

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your detector is not in a Faraday cage when it happens it will be toast too.

Randyg12

Aug 6, 2014
Northridge, Ca
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great read! I even bought the audio made version and downloaded to my iPad. It's an eye open for sure! :thumbsup:

augoldminer

Jan 7, 2013
high desert goldfields
Detector(s) used
gold master V-sat
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will not be dead within 3 weeks.
Its going to take at least 6 months to kill me off.
I have three lakes within 50 miles and enough fishing gear to set up trot lines for food. and i live in the desert.
I have a old tote goat type scooter and i keep gas in my motor home tank that i can use in the scooter.

One thing you have to learn in mining is how to improvise.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread