Research Book Needs a Good Home-

airborne1092

Sep 7, 2008
Inland NW
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Abraham Lincoln once said, “[FONT=&quot]Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.[/FONT]” I think everyone can agree that in treasure hunting, 99% of the time research wins the day and dumb luck accounts for the other 1%.

Bottom Line Up Front (BLUF) -
I have a book that I picked up here in GA, that I did not use nor do I have a use for anymore. If anyone is interested, I will send it to you. I think it could be a great research tool and I hate to give it away to the Goodwill (nothing against them) or throw it out.

[FONT=&quot]A Guide to Early American Homes[/FONT] by Dorthy and Richard Pratt, 251 pg., written in 1956. No ISBN but the Library of Congress No. is 56-10867. The book’s dust jacket is pretty beat up but the contents are in great shape. I have included a picture of the cover and a couple pages inside to get an idea of the format. It details general location and description and building date/age. I believe it’s a great research tool for y’all in the North because being an older book, it details many sites that may be already bulldozed under in the name of progress. States included are: MA, NH, MA, VT, RI, CT, NY, NJ, PA, OH, IN, MI, IL & WI. If anyone is serious about it and wants to know more, I would be willing to send at least a partial list of sites per state or, confirm the inclusion of a particular structure or site before a decision.

Again, if you send me enough to cover shipping I’ll send it to you. $ 4.00 for a flat rate mailer or I would accept three (3) 90% Ag dimes taped to an index card mailed to me. PM me to exchange the details –

Because I feel so strongly about this book going to someone who will use it, I have cross posted this in the following sub-forums: General Discussion, Cache Hunting, X Marks the Spot, Relic Hunting, Treasure Leads and Recommended Reading.
20141223_095954.jpeg
20141223_100206.jpeg
20141223_100254.jpeg

fizz67

Tenderfoot
Jan 19, 2013
My email is [email protected] for any details... I like doing research about houses etc as it aids in the spots we metal detect. I'm on my 5th year and like the hobby and it's relaxing rewards... Feel free to call as well anytime so I can get address to send you the $ to ship the book if it's not been given out already..thanx in advance ....Chris

203-209-3369 my name is Chris McPadden

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread