Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Tesoro Bandido II µMax and
Compadre, White's Classic II,
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Gold jewelry Hunter's Handbook, by Clive Clynick

Hi All ! :read2:

Looking for feedback on the subject book. I live in SW Ohio, and my regular hunting areas for coins and primarily Gold and Silver jewelry are parks and fresh water lake beaches.

I have two of Clive's books already, as follows:

Site Reading for Gold and Silver

Understanding Beach, Shore and Inland Metal Detecting Sites.

Water Hunting: Secrets of the Pros
Finding Gold and Silver in the water with a Metal Detector.

Keeping in mind my primary interest is Gold and Silver jewelry, do you think I would gain any new tips from the subject book ?

Thanks,

ToddB64

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Todd,

I had the good fortune to meet Clive a couple of years ago.... he makes some amazing finds and knows his stuff....just google Clives gold page to see some of his finds.

Regards + HH

Bill

OP
OP
ToddB64

ToddB64

Jan 7, 2007
Georgetown, Ohio, USA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Tesoro Bandido II µMax and
Compadre, White's Classic II,
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Gold jewelry Hunter's Handbook, by Clive Clynick

Greetings ! :icon_sunny:

Well, I went ahead and purchased the book The Gold Jewelry Hunter's Handbook, by Clive J. Clynick and am really glad I did !

It's a 100 page, 8.5 x 5.5 softbound and is ordered directly from Home | Clive's Gold Page for $16.95 + Shipping (US) $4.00 / International $7.50.

I have two of Clive's other books, but IMHO this is one of his best works on finding Gold Jewelry. Now on my third reading and gleaning lots of helpful information !

The first 45 pages deal mainly with Inland hunting, which is my primary interest. After that, water hunting is addressed in great detail, including a good number of drawings showing various bottom contours and how to identify and hunt these situations.

In addition, there are several Diagrams to help explain certain points, a Conductivity of Metals summary, Resources listings and more.

This is one of those "must have" books for Gold Jewelry hunters.

Happy Hunting !

ToddB64

Last edited:

cjc

Mar 19, 2006
n/a
Detector(s) used
DFX, GQA2, (2) 'Cuda, Excal, (1 & 2) Sov. Elite, CZ20, Surf Dual Field...
Thanks a lot, Todd

Glad you liked the book, Todd. Hope the ideas lead you to your next big find. Thanks for the feedback--keeps me typing the next one.
Regards,
clive

Greetings ! :icon_sunny:

Well, I went ahead and purchased the book The Gold Jewelry Hunter's Handbook, by Clive J. Clynick and am really glad I did !

It's a 100 page, 8.5 x 5.5 softbound and is ordered directly from Home | Clive's Gold Page for $16.95 + Shipping (US) $4.00 / International $7.50.

I have two of Clive's other books, but IMHO this is one of his best works on finding Gold Jewelry. Now on my third reading and gleaning lots of helpful information !

The first 45 pages deal mainly with Inland hunting, which is my primary interest. After that, water hunting is addressed in great detail, including a good number of drawings showing various bottom contours and how to identify and hunt these situations.

In addition, there are several Diagrams to help explain certain points, a Conductivity of Metals summary, Resources listings and more.

This is one of those "must have" books for Gold Jewelry hunters.

Happy Hunting !

ToddB64

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread