Leads to Treasures and Relics in Southwest Missouri

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a HISTORY book about the southwestern quadrant of Missouri. Around the towns of Kirbyville, Mincy, Forsyth and others. The book is titled, BALD KNOBBERS by Mary Hartman and Elmo Ingenthron, 1988. Third printing, 1992 by Pelican Publishing Company.

This is a book of the history of that area in the late 1800's and concerns a 900-member clan of vigilantes known as the Bald Knobbers. There were lynchings, murders, people ran-out-of-town in the middle of the night, etc. Hangouts of robbers and sights of old churches and springs. Everything a treasure hunter / relic hunter, who knows what to look for, could want. ( see my other book posting in the next thread )

I bought this book at the same place in OKC that I got most of my books back in the early to mid-1990's---Wayne's Detector Sales on South Pennsylvania. The supplier he had at the time could get some interesting titles. Remember, that the very best books to find treasure leads do not have the word " treasure " anywhere in it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread