gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finding jewelry at anyplace other than the beach is a crap shoot. You won't find gold jewelry unless you dig all targets in the range of aluminum and lead, or in other words trash targets. No book needed, just hunt away and sooner or later you will find some.

OP
OP
TRanegar36

TRanegar36

May 1, 2012
IL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Pro-Pointer AT, Stealth 720i Hybrid
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Finding jewelry at anyplace other than the beach is a crap shoot. You won't find gold jewelry unless you dig all targets in the range of aluminum and lead, or in other words trash targets. No book needed, just hunt away and sooner or later you will find some.

Thanks for your input. Just trying to gather as much information as possible. 4/5 of my rings this year have been in yards on the landscaping/grass line. Was hoping someone had tips for park hunting, but you're right. Just trying to find an excuse to buy another book :laughing7:

OP
OP
TRanegar36

TRanegar36

May 1, 2012
IL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want the best book ever written on land treasure hunting get a long out of print copy of Karl Von Mueller's "Treasure Hunter's Manual #7". there is one available on ebay right now, item #381597503786. I cut my detecting teeth with this book 45 years ago and it is still the best. Tips like if you find a virgin old school yard the FIRST place to hunt is by the swings, and many more. I am not the seller, it is in auction format, the last one sold for about $27.00. By the way what part of MI are you in? I have family in southern MI down near the OH and IN borders.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TRanegar36

TRanegar36

May 1, 2012
IL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Gunsil for the recommendation, going to check it out now!

I live in Southwest MI. For how close I am to the beach, I should be hunting there everyday. For some reason tho, I just lose patience out there fast... went today for an hour or so and didn't find a single coin. Just the lighter stuff close to the water. I think my only chance is getting into the water with waders or waiting until summer for fresh drops.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread