The Turnbo Manuscripts

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know why I haven't posted this earlier. Silas Turnbo around 1900 went around the Ozarks and interviewed the oldtimers. Realizing that if he didn't write down their stories then they would be forever lost.

There are 28 chapters of "pioneer stories". They are all available to read on line. It makes for incredible reading on just how life was back then. There are also leads on buried treasure, civil war camps, caves, and bushwhackers. These stories are all first hand accounts of events that people witnessed during the 1800's. These are mainly short, 1 page, eyewitness accounts that are easy to read and very entertaining. You don't have to be from the Ozarks to find these stories interesting.

I promise once you start reading it is hard to quit. Let me know what you think....Steve

Just google "THE TURNBO MANUSCRIPTS". Each chapter is organized into stories relating to the same topic. Enjoy....Steve

SimonLakeSub

Dec 6, 2006
Thanks Steve!!! WOW how the hell did I miss that post? I really don't spend much time here, But your info on the Turnbo Manuscripts sounds great !!! But I intend to make the time ,,,

This is the perfect example of sharing great information
that this site ,,, ooopppppppsssssssssss RECOMMENDED READING, ( Still learning ) I did achieve my goal -----which was to get some feed back ,,,Can't say i didn't try.

Thanks Again Steve
Regards SIMON.....

freeze12

Jul 29, 2004
Buffalo,NY
Detector(s) used
*Ground Hawk*--*Minelab Quattro*--*Tesoro Tejon*
Steve...Thanks! Great reading & info.LOTS of fantastic stories :D

bytheriver

Jul 11, 2006
Thanks for posting....I have become an avid reader of the Tunrbo tales since you posted.

BTR

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gypsyheart said:
I love these....can spend days reading them....Thank you so much Steve for sharing :)

Sorry I missed this post Steve, but Gypsy told me about them, & I 'highly recommend them' for any History buff.

Fossis.....................

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
These types of books are awesome... I've a worn out copy of a book like that from here... all about the Montana Pioneers... They are a HUGE wealth of information!

OP
OP
stevesno

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Montana Jim said:
These types of books are awesome... I've a worn out copy of a book like that from here... all about the Montana Pioneers... They are a HUGE wealth of information!
Thanks Jim....could you send me a link to the manuscripts from your area....Steve

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
stevesno said:
Montana Jim said:
Thanks Jim....could you send me a link to the manuscripts from your area....Steve

I don't have manuscripts... but the book is called "Then and Now - Thirty Six Years in the Rockies 1864 - 1900" by Robert Vaughn. I think I've read it fifty times... It's all local history from the men who opened the country here, the indians who fought for it, and the pioneers who made it all happen. Places, names, people... first person testimony is the best way to get the history!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread