Karl Von Muellers "Treasure Hunters Manual #7".
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Jan 2007
    Georgetown, Ohio, USA
    Teknetics Gamma 6000, Tesoro Bandido II ÁMax and Compadre, White's Classic II, Garrett Ace 250
    55 times
    Metal Detecting

Karl Von Mueller's "Treasure Hunter's Manual #7".

Hi !

What's so great about the subject book from 1974 (45 years ago !) ?

Not to disparage any book from the past, but does the subject book have information superior to what is in modern books, such as those by Clive James Clynick listed below ?

-The Gold Jewelry Hunter's Handbook: Finding Lost Gold at Beach, Park and Shoreline Metal Detecting Sites (2013)

-"Site Reading" for Gold and Silver Understanding Beach, Shore and Inland Metal Detecting Sites (2008)

-"Water Hunting" : Secrets of the Pros Finding Gold and Silver in the water with a Metal Detector (2005)

I'm not a water hunter; strictly inland parks and my primary focus is on finding valuable gold and silver jewelry (not cheap costume stuff).

I own the above books, have read them over and over and although they also include methods on water hunting, there's also lots of great tips and information on Inland hunting too.

Author C.J. Clynick started metal detecting in 1980 and his website now has (20) books listed.

Products Archive | Clive's Gold Page

I was about to order the subject book after reading several positive replies here, but then decided to ask the questions in my first two paragraphs first before laying out approx. $20.00 for a used paperback copy. I can't afford to waste money for information that might prove to be out-dated.

Thanks for your help with this.

ToddB64

Teknetics Gamma 6000,Tesoro Bandido II ÁMax and Compadre,White's Classic II ,Garrett Ace 250 and Pro-Pointer AT, Treasure Products Vibra-Probe 570, Cen-Tech Pinpointer, Lesche Digger, Arkie Tabdog Hand Digger Replica, Detect USA RatphonesMax, Janster Coin Probe.

Oct 2016
    1139 times
    Researching Treasure Stories Author
    I looked some of his titles up, I check for page count compared to price. Also of note is primarily a minelab focus. So what was so great about Karl's manual that's 45 years old and full of out dated material? Karl was making the same quality finds as well as finding caches with primitive equipment. Read more than the Manual you mentioned and you wouldn't have had to ask.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2017
    Northern Virginia
    AT MAX/AT PRO/Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
    4836 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I got the book used also and simply wasn't impressed. There are ton of books and information on the internet and I have found most of them are all very similar.

Oct 2016
    1139 times
    Also check who the publisher is. Then check page count, I did see one in the 30's and another in the 60's, plus a cone bound one. But I can't say self publishing is a bad thing, since I am one myself. The one thing he is doing right is there is no Kindle version, that forces sales into the hard copy market. Which means an $7-8 royality per sale.

Oct 2016
    1139 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BLK HOLE View Post
    I got the book used also and simply wasn't impressed. There are ton of books and information on the internet and I have found most of them are all very similar.
    Yes today the info is all over out there, but back then Karl was one of the very few. Even YouTube provides tons of how to info.

Oct 2016
    1139 times
    I do understand what you mean by it's all over out there, since I am into the treasure story thing. Most borrowed and even included the same spelling errors!

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links