This book is a real "treasure"

Bookworm

May 21, 2008
This book is a real "treasure"

:icon_study: I'm not much of a book reader but I came across this book " The Mystery of Yama-sh-it-a's Map" by James Mckenzie and to tell you the truth, I was blown away by the story. Before we go any further let me tell you that I have researched, read, written, been there, bought the Tee shirt, and thought I knew everything about Yama-shi-ta's treasure.
This story is pure entertainment and not a guide to finding the treasure. It kind of reminded me of an Indiana Jones adventure. It's a new novel and has been a best seller in Europe.
It's obvious that the author knows his stuff regarding the Tiger of Malay, and has woven the facts and fiction together to create what I think is a real unmissable read for us Th's.
I was pleasantly surprised at the depth of knowledge the author has and I think it is obvious he has some "inside information".
The story is spiced up by the inclusion of some supernatural creatures from Philippine folklore, an Aswang and a Manangaal. Do they really exist?? Wow!
I think we TH's deserve a bit of escapism and this book is perfect for us to read on the site of a dig, or at home contemplating our next project. :thumbsup:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: This book is a real "treasure"

Welcome to the forum Bookworm. :coffee2:

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett

Bookworm, have you read through the Yama.... however I gotta spell it to escape the censor thread here on Tnet? It is without doubt the best single thread here! You would really enjoy it!!!

Anyhow, welcome aboard!

Best,
rmptr

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett

Ha! Ha!

Yes, PBK... intriguing!