1800s McCoy Estate Foundation Items

1liquigirl

Jun 13, 2005
Bellefonte, PA
1800's McCoy Estate Foundation Items

I've got my hands full at this site! The foundation sits on top of a mountain close to our town of Bellefonte. The trek to the site has a few very steep slopes and is just as bad coming back carrying all this iron. John McCoy was an iron master, registered on the 1860 census. We've figured out that the close up item in the first picture is a pulley/block and tackle piece and that it was made in Reading, PA. In the second pic top left are two different sizes of door hinges. The top right are various square nails, a drill bit to the far right, and the bolt which is second from the left fits in the larger door hinge holes. The chain pictured on the bottom left measures two and one half inches shy of 4 feet long and very heavy. The bottom right picture, I believe is the wheel for the pulley/block and tackle piece. Any ideas to the contrary? More information on this site can be found under Today's Finds and What is it? catagories and listed as 1800's McCoy Estate Foundation and Under Treasure Markings and Signs catagory listed as 1800's McCoy Estate Trees. Thanks for viewing.

Attachments

• McCoy Estate Items 001 Foundation 5.jpg
    McCoy Estate Items 001 Foundation 5.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 1,210
  • McCoy Estate Items 003  Foundation 5.jpg
    McCoy Estate Items 003 Foundation 5.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 1,186
  • McCoy Estate Items 001 Foundation 5.jpg
    McCoy Estate Items 001 Foundation 5.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 1,155
  • McCoy Estate Items 003  Foundation 5.jpg
    McCoy Estate Items 003 Foundation 5.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 1,151
A

Angela (Australia)

Re: 1800's McCoy Estate Foundation Items

Hello liquidgirl, very interesting finds. What detector did you use to find them with, and how deep were the targets?
Angela :)

OP
OP
1liquigirl

1liquigirl

Jun 13, 2005
Bellefonte, PA

Angela, I'm using a Garrett Ace 250. The targets are between 4 and 6 inches. Some are 8 inches, but I haven't dug for the deep ones yet. There is alot of rocks to contend with when digging these pieces, but the great part is, there isn't any trash! What fun! Here are pictures of our last findings

Attachments

• McCoy Estate Items 004 Eastern Outer Area Foundation 5.jpg
    McCoy Estate Items 004 Eastern Outer Area Foundation 5.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 1,090
  • Dagger Found Wednesday March 29th 2006.jpg
    Dagger Found Wednesday March 29th 2006.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 1,155
  • McCoy Estate Items 004 Eastern Outer Area Foundation 5.jpg
    McCoy Estate Items 004 Eastern Outer Area Foundation 5.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 1,067
  • Dagger Found Wednesday March 29th 2006.jpg
    Dagger Found Wednesday March 29th 2006.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 1,116

RevJoel

Mar 1, 2006
Central SC
Detector(s) used
Old Garrett Deep Seeker

Those are guide teeth off of a sickle bar mower, not daggers.

Pax Christi
Rev. Joel+

USMCRedHat

Tenderfoot
Jun 8, 2006

That is some great finds. I am going to search three old home foundations with my NEW 250 today. I am in Alaska and WalMart is putting up a Super WalMart, they bought some property about a block from us. When I was a kid there was three homes there very old places that were probably built around the time Alaska became a State, anyway they just tore down those places and there is nothing but the foundations and yards left. I figure I should be able to find a few treasures in this area. Good to hear that you did so well with the same detector.

karib2517

Jan 18, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab X50 : Another world inches below us.

very nice

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread